Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this cedar tree today while out and about. I don't recall ever seeing a hollow cedar before. It had prollay 6 or 7 cavaties and at least one was about 18" down into the trunk. This isn't an exceptionaly large cedar, maybe 20' tall and 10" dbh.

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
I've never cut down a hollow one nor have I seen one. Do you have a trailcam Jack? If so, I've got an idea for you. If you don't, I say you go take racks-n-beards trailcam. :peepwall:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
limbs being removed from the tree.

·
Registered
546 Posts
We had that on our cederson our farm in Gainesville MO The only thing we could figure out was the piliated woodpecker. Any other ideas??/!!:pop:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by HabitatMD
I've never cut down a hollow one nor have I seen one. Do you have a trailcam Jack? If so, I've got an idea for you. If you don't, I say you go take racks-n-beards trailcam. :peepwall:
No I don't have one.:whinging:
Maybe ol Nate will read this and curoisty will drive him to volunteer one. This may be Bigfoot evidence that is important to science.:thinking::thinking::whistle::whistle::rof2::rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
maybe tree rats:thinking:put a trail cam on that puppy:D

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thought is the nuke plant is just across the river, and we all know what that did to Fishy's deer.:stirpot::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Leprecauns......... that's where they hide the gold!:peepwall::shrug::wave:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by dookie
Leprecauns......... that's where they hide the gold!:peepwall::shrug::wave:
Naw, I checked. That was my very first thought.:rof2::rof2::rof2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts