Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How big does a buck have to be to make it in a magazine?
Any members who've been blessed enough to do so, please share a pic of your famous deer. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
I was in Parade magazine in 7th grade for copying off Seinfeld and entering an invention of rubber bladders to contain oil in tankers. This was a national science fair:hysterical:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I know ole Mudshacks buck made it last year!

Surely someone else made it famous!:D

·
Team Trapper and the STFUs
17,102 Posts
Yes, even a publication with very limited readership and distribution counts. :eek::
Good to know...

Make sure its 300 DPI...that way your photo doesn't look like carp when you have a full page pic in your magazine.

·
Crossbow supporter
32,041 Posts
I was in Missouri Game and Fish
but not for a deer

·
Registered
33,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I realize there's nothing to prove for these humble individuals, but since we're talking about 140" 8's in a thread... some pics of real bucks would be nice to see.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
I made it in Whitetail Hunting Strategies with a 140 inch main frame 12 with a bow. They paid me $50 for my story, and sent me several copies of the magazine.

That was an awesome magazine. Talked about exactly the kind of stuff I was interested in at the time (laying down a game plan) and a lot of the ideas worked for me.

I think they quit making it in 2004.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
A buddy and I were in Missouri Game and Fish too in.....I think 2002. We doubled up on a group of gobblers, and it was his first bird. That was just in the reader section though....no big pay day. :)

Parker

·
Banned
24,573 Posts
A 190 class buck got David Kent in a few magazines. :D

·
Crossbow supporter
32,041 Posts

·
Local Legend
4,619 Posts
Vince immortalized my buck by putting its image on a VECtor grunt call...does that count?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts