Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Brassicas total fried. 75% of the bean pods in real question of maturing. Not a drop of rain in a month and highs of near 95 degrees probably 60-70% of the time period. Yep Hawk, I’m a ray of realism.

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts
Planting brassicas early like that involves a lot of risk with rainfall and temperatures.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Agreed. Really starting to think that “Rain or dry, plant on the 25th of July” for turnips is one thing the old timers were a little off on.

·
Registered
22,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Great work fellas, a ton of effort to supply more than a few bags at a bait pile! Hope the plots finish strong!!!

·
Under appreciated
89,149 Posts
Agreed. Really starting to think that “Rain or dry, plant on the 25th of July” for turnips is one thing the old timers were a little off on.
That is SUPER early in my opinion. I just got mine down last weekend and they are going to be fine I think.

Reactions: rcg and jawesome357

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,489 Posts
I always felt like that was meant for a garden, which you could water when it needed it.

·
1,505 Posts
Got some 46-0-0 on them before a 1/2" of rain and they greened up quick. Hoping for more. We were completely missed last couple of days. Within a mile all directions but nothing on us.
Plant community Plant Natural landscape Land lot Vegetation

·
Registered
22,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Well the 1st plot is not coming along nearly as well as I had hoped! There is definitely some growth, but very sparse!

then I pulled the card and nothing, worst Christmas Day!

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,571 Posts
My pea patches are doing better than anything else I have.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's my brassicas at about 45 days. We only had about .4" of rain through August, but got a good rain last Saturday.
Plant Natural landscape Agriculture Tree Sky

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Mine are fried. One tenth in the last 3 weeks cooked em. Gonna have to punt on the brassicas and hope we get some rain in time to plant some wheat

Reactions: 20'
101 - 120 of 140 Posts