Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

How are the plots coming along?

12K views 139 replies 38 participants last post by  20' 
#1 ·
Anyone have pics of their plots from the weekend or recently? Probably, beans and clover would be progressing nicely

#11 ·
Deer destroyed the three acres of corn I planted. Kinda disappointing. Mowed down about half of it, worked it up, broadcast turnips, radishes, and crimson clover a couple days ago.

Fenced off 2 acres of beans and they look decent. Broadcast turnips, radishes, and crimson clover over the top of the beans as well. The egyptian wheat I planted as a screen is looking good!.

#22 ·
My beans behind my house are doing great but i planted earlier than any farmer planted around me and im glad i did. My neighbor had to plant his beans 2 times and its just about 14" tall now.
my beans are anywhere from 3'-4' tall.
My plots at my farm went in about 2 weeks later than the beans at my house and out of 4 acres 3 are doing well. Had lots of weeds though, i got them sprayed last week. But the 1 acre of the 4, is toast. Way too many weeds took over before i could get it sprayed. Once i got them sprayed i went back 5 days later and you can see a lot more beans in there.
My fall plots should be going in next week as long as i see some rain in the forecast.
Sky Cloud Plant Green Tree
Plant Plant community Green Natural landscape Botany
Plant Sky Flower Tree Natural landscape

#28 ·
Almost 2 inches today. Hope my seed was sprouting or it may be down in the pond by now

Reactions: Dmbecke and 20'
#30 ·
As long as your seed didn't germinate, it can sit in the soil for several weeks and be fine. The seed getting heated won't be the problem, it's the birds. I planted mine Sunday, and got 2/10ths and then last night got another 3/10ths + .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.