Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 590 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the story, are we going to beat last year? is the famed all day hunting going to be implemented next year? AT a time when things are in the crapper in the turkey woods?? opps, forgot we are within the famed "Golden Mean",hahahaha

· Registered
32,993 Posts
I've probably seen more birds this year hunting than any other year........ :wave1:

Reactions: trailblazer75

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
All day hunting thats funny,yah got three weeks,mushroom hunters get the woods to and I imagine there is a lot more of them than Turkey hunters:D
I suspect it will be lower numbers again,time will tell,maybe shake it up a little and go to one bird season in some counties:D

· Banned
81,617 Posts
it's compensatory, right:)
If they think it's compensatory they need to restrict harvest more so these predators eat more gobblers and fewer hens. I would like to know how they measured the impacts on the hens when they compensated for gobbler mortality. :D

Reactions: 20'

· Super Moderator
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to see a first week archery only starting around the first week in April followed by 2 weeks of shotgun all day hunting.....just my 2 cents
I get what your saying, but nothing is stopping us from archery hunting in the current set-up. While I am for season placement moving for firearms deer, I have never suggest reducing the days afield for anyone.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I wouldn't hate it either way, just think the time to liberlize isn't when there are major issues they have zero answers for, but hey it's compensatory, right:)
The issues have nothing to do with harvest and wont be fixed or accentuated by more harvest.

The directors Ive talked to want it for spring 2020.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I would love to see a first week archery only starting around the first week in April followed by 2 weeks of shotgun all day hunting.....just my 2 cents
This is an option as well. CFM supports both.

Reactions: combatmedic

· Banned
66,381 Posts
If they think it's compensatory they need to restrict harvest more so these predators eat more gobblers and fewer hens. I would like to know how they measured the impacts on the hens when they compensated for gobbler mortality. :D
Thats one of the dumbest things ever posted here.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Anyone stupid enough to think reducing
the number of one sex might not increase predation of the other obviously isn't qualified to determine whether someones thoughts are dumb or not.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Thru hunting on the monday of the 3rd week last year we had killed 27500 birds and had a jake percent of 13.7%.

Thru hunting on moday of the 3rd week this year we have killed 30560 birds with a jake percent of 19.4.

I suspect we will end up with a total kill increase of around 10-15% this year.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
I am pretty sure Rob all alone is responsible for killing most of the male turkeys in Missouri this year, next year is not looking to bright for anything but jakes. :D

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
I am pretty sure Rob all alone is responsible for killing most of the male turkeys in Missouri this year, next year is not looking to bright for anything but jakes. :D
Kinda makes all the other guys look bad dont it. Lmao

Reactions: 20'

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
He is a machine. I can't kill one in a lifetime, he kills a couple dozen each year. :D
Yeah and he doesn't even cry about the seasons, limits, *****,possums. He just goes and kills stuff,what's up with that lol

1 - 20 of 590 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.