Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Old Smokepole out,got in the woods 6:00AM,told the wife I was going to come back in about 9:00AM.

Got out there set down,heard couple behind me barking,shot two Grays,reloaded went on down,shot another Grey.Seen another Grey but couldn't get a shot at it,but seen a Red,eased a little closer got it.7:00AM,it was so hot the sweat was just rolling off me,plus the Flies were ganging up on my Squirrels.So I headed back to the House.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin figures the Flies are full of protien.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Good shootin, Oneshot...makes me hungry just thinkin about a mess of fried treerat tenderloins!!!

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea Fry them young ones!

oneshot
:D Oneshot shot one Big grin size one time about the size of his finger.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
boy, that something i havn't had in years.my grandmother loved them things.i think she would rather ad tree rat than anything.enjoy

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
I remember back in 1958 when my grandfather let me use his bolt action .22 to go squirrel hunting in the woods behind his house in northern Arkansas. I came back with 4 head shot squirrels and a proud as can be of my well placed shots. My grandfather informed me that I had wasted the best part of the squirrel....the brains. After that I shot them through the ribs....not much meat lost there. Those squirrel heads looked so weird laying in the hot grease but they were so good. Grandpa was right...they were delicious if you could get past the thought of eat'n brains. Back then they didn't waste anything. Just living off the land.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Nice! Sounds like a heck of a hunt!

No Russian black squirrels though, huh?! Good think! One shot from the smoke pole may not had been enough to scare the others away, and then where would you have been?! Got a big knife?! :D

Parker

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like a fun morning!
HOT, but fun!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Good shootin Oneshot!

And thanks Mailman, I was thinking about eating lunch but with the thought of brains:cool3: I think I'll start another diet!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
I remember back in 1958 when my grandfather let me use his bolt action .22 to go squirrel hunting in the woods behind his house in northern Arkansas. I came back with 4 head shot squirrels and a proud as can be of my well placed shots. My grandfather informed me that I had wasted the best part of the squirrel....the brains. After that I shot them through the ribs....not much meat lost there. Those squirrel heads looked so weird laying in the hot grease but they were so good. Grandpa was right...they were delicious if you could get past the thought of eat'n brains. Back then they didn't waste anything. Just living off the land.
:cool3: :cool3: :cool3: YUCK! What do they taste like?! CHICKEN?!

Parker

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If they taste like chicken, then what do chicken taste like. Where do you folks hunt for these things around here?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
If they taste like chicken, then what do chicken taste like. Where do you folks hunt for these things around here?
There's lots and lots of 'em in the woods. I usually go where I see them when I'm deer hunting. Not many people hunt them, so there are plenty around. I'm not much on the taste of 'em myself.

Parker

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What do you do with them if you do not eat them?

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Mepps will buy squirrell flags JB?
What do they buy for?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,291 Posts
Mepps makes fishing lures and squirrel tails, they've found out, work the best as far as dressing up their spinning lures.

Check it out. Mepps

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thank you sir, that is the weirdest thing I have seen today!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Nice! Sounds like a heck of a hunt!

No Russian black squirrels though, huh?!

Parker
Quit picking on my Russinan squirrels :hysterical::hysterical:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Way to go oneshot. Need to get a mess myself

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.