hopefully half a grand slam

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by chuck88, Apr 15, 2006.

1. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    well I agreed not to go hunting tomorow mornin...on the promise that we wasnt going to see family in Mo this coming up weekend but rather the weekend after that. and that I could hunt sat-sun morning and not hear any grief about it!
    so the first weekend of Mo season will find me in macon/shelbina area and hopefully I'll bag a eastern bird. that would give me a eastern and a rio in the same season. just need to find a way out west and down to florida and I'll be set. wonder how much a trip to disney land would cost;) bet that would get me down for a oscela :rotfl:

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    gotta keep momma happy,disney world will run you about 1,500 four nights and five days.stay at the caribean beach go to the food court and head south into the woods about three hundred yards in you will find a clearing.i will say no more

3. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    well the eastern should be easy to get that FL bird you better expect to shell out some cash to get it.

I am working on getting me a hunt set up for next year to go to neb for a merriam think its pretty much a sealed deal

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I've shot a Rio, Rio-Eastern Hybird, Eastern and a Merriam. The Hybrid doesn't count for anything yet. I won't fork out the moolah for an Osceola. They look almost like Easterns anyways except for whiter wing feather bars. Chuck good luck on your Missouri hunt.

Jack

5. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    yea I figure my grand slam will never happen but its nice to dream. all I have to do is get the winning lotto numbers:banana:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Yep a lotto win would help.:dancin:

Jack

7. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    It is a good dream. Save the Osceola for last and hopefully you will be independantly wealthy by then. :)

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Gamegetter I have saved the Osceola for last and I still haven't gotten wealthy.:roll2: And I'm much, much older than Chuck.:frown: Chuck I hope yer road to wealth is smoother than mine has been.

Jack