Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trailer started life as a chip trailer for trails.
The sprayer is a 35gpm (overkill, but I own it). It's a 2,000# axle, but I only run 100 gallons at a time, cause on some of the slopey trails, it wants to slide.
Mixing RU @ 2 1/2%. All the edge plants were breaking bud, some of the inner woodland weren't. More to do this fall.

Even at lowish pressure (200psi) it'll still shoot about 40 yds.. Less wading through the crap.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

· Banned
81,617 Posts
That should help. You sure can't kill it with kindness. :D

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
Thinking your best work with roundup will be in the fall when the sap gets sucked back to the roots

Few boys who know what they are talking about will pipe up hopefully

15,013 Posts
2.5 percent of what RU, resy, commercial or pro

· Registered
21,512 Posts
I've been cutting it when it blooms then spraying it with Round Up.

Seems to work well.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes the pretty colors.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I wish I had that. I'd like to treat my stupid sweetgum tree with etephon this spring.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
You could cut it down and plant a new gum tree.

Reactions: rat

· Part-time malcontent
8,453 Posts
Yes, I hate those things. Had I noticed this tree was in the side yard, I may not have bought the house.
I had two removed last spring. It was expensive but we don't have eleventeen billion gumballs in the yard right now like we would have.

· Registered
32,087 Posts
Did you spray them now, before they leafed out? I would not think that would do much.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
They should be leafing out. Right now is a great time to scout for it but there may not be much leaf surface for uptake.

10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reading the post might have helped. Edges were breaking bud (they were in leaf), whereas some of the interior plants weren't.
I expect an acceptable kill.
By next weekend I expect lots of other non-target plants to be leafing, and I hate killing those.

10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last fall, we never had the ideal conditions. H-suckle and non target all carried leaves into the freezes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.