Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
17,685 Posts
Here is a ??????????? #1 What makes this camera better than other names such as cuddeback, recon, etc.

#2 Is this the kind of camera that you can set-up and view on-line, say you live 150 miles away from your hunting spot, and you can't get to the camera everytime you wish. I think there is a camera on the market that you can do this with, view on-line.

#3 I've been seeing ?????'s about homebrew camer on here, never heard of them. Are they new on the market

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
Originally posted by hillbilly
Here is a ??????????? #1 What makes this camera better than other names such as cuddeback, recon, etc.

#2 Is this the kind of camera that you can set-up and view on-line, say you live 150 miles away from your hunting spot, and you can't get to the camera everytime you wish. I think there is a camera on the market that you can do this with, view on-line.

#3 I've been seeing ?????'s about homebrew camer on here, never heard of them. Are they new on the market
I'll try to answer for B&D. Homebrew means it's made by you. In this case, B&D. A lot of the technology you see in commercial cams was developed by homebrew builders.

A few things that make homebrew cams better than commercial cams. #1 Trigger time is far better. #2, since most of the homebrew cams are built with handheld point & shoot cameras that are designed to take pics of people, wildlife & landscape, their pic quality is typically a lot clearer. The p41 that this camera is built with is one of the fastest triggering cameras ever made for trail camera use.

This is not the type camera that will send a signal to your cell phone or computer.

I've never used anything other than homebrew cams & doubt I ever do.

·
17,685 Posts
Originally posted by pinwheel

I'll try to answer for B&D. Homebrew means it's made by you. In this case, B&D. A lot of the technology you see in commercial cams was developed by homebrew builders.

A few things that make homebrew cams better than commercial cams. #1 Trigger time is far better. #2, since most of the homebrew cams are built with handheld point & shoot cameras that are designed to take pics of people, wildlife & landscape, their pic quality is typically a lot clearer. The p41 that this camera is built with is one of the fastest triggering cameras ever made for trail camera use.

This is not the type camera that will send a signal to your cell phone or computer.

I've never used anything other than homebrew cams & doubt I ever do.
Thanks Randy

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
One more thing. That price is more than fair for that camera. If you were to buy all the parts to put that camera together, you'd have over $175 before labor. That camera would take someone with experience 4-5 hours to put together.

·
17,685 Posts
I wonder If someone with some knowledge could build that camera that would e-mail the pics to you

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
I wonder If someone with some knowledge could build that camera that would e-mail the pics to you
Nothing has shown up along those lines on the homebrew sites.

·
17,685 Posts
Randy, could someone that knows what they are doing (computers) add a program to that camera for sale that would allow it to e-mail the pics taken to your phone or computer

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
Randy, could someone that knows what they are doing (computers) add a program to that camera for sale that would allow it to e-mail the pics taken to your phone or computer
Not that I'm aware of. First off, ya gotta have a way to download the pics from the camera to a cell phone or something similar in the field.

Here's one that will do what you want done. This guy started in the homebrew industry. Matter of fact, the same guy built the control board in the camera B&D is selling.

http://www.pixcontroller.com/Cellular-Scout/CellularEye-main.htm

·
11,357 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. First off, ya gotta have a way to download the pics from the camera to a cell phone or something similar in the field.

Here's one that will do what you want done. This guy started in the homebrew industry. Matter of fact, the same guy built the control board in the camera B&D is selling.

I have one of these cams and it is a nice cam. In fact I have been trying to sell it only because the lease that I have doesn't have very good cell service which it requires. Very cool to get the pics sent to your phone!!!

·
17,685 Posts
Originally posted by DForbis

I have one of these cams and it is a nice cam. In fact I have been trying to sell it only because the lease that I have doesn't have very good cell service which it requires. Very cool to get the pics sent to your phone!!!
How much you want for it?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Is that a pic of your setup? The cam looks like a s40 or s600. Definately not a p41!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.