Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa went strange on me this year...I got a Ruger 22 standard, a Jstevens single shot 12 gauge and got to hold (but not take home) an 1871 no-name double barrel 12 that's being restored for me...all family heirlooms, restored to shootability by my 73-year old father's good intentions...at 36, I thought christmases like that were over!!

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
very very nice
you done somthing right this year

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
worked hard all year, tried to treat people justly. anyone going to henges tomorrow??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to post pics as soon as I can, need some info from the true gun enthusiasts...

G

·
Oh yeah that is right

Sorry man I can not make it up there tomorrow, but I wish that I could you have a U2U on the way in a second :2thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotta see how the Ruger does at least; goose hunting next weekend but I have to spend at least one day "dirty harry" hunting squirrels outta trees...

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
That's awesome!!!!:claphands::claphands:

I will tell you though in the double barrel 12 gauge made in 1871. You do not want to shoot modern loads through it. It's made for black-powder loads only. And I suspect the chamber length on that thing is for 2 1/2" shells and not the minimun of 2 3/4" you'll find today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts