Hodge park

Discussion in 'Special Hunts' started by easton400, Aug 16, 2014.

1. markc761

markc761 Junior Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Liberty, MO
    Has anyone gotten their call already for Hodge this year? Havent heard anything yet.

2. Ruger33

Ruger33 New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Liberty, MO
    I haven't heard a word.

3. 1bucknut

1bucknut New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    I got drawn for Riverfront park and have meeting on the 6th, if you haven't heard anything by now you weren't drawn...

4. Ridealong

Ridealong Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Smithville
    Well that's nice to know. Just curious. Are you a kc resident

5. markc761

markc761 Junior Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Liberty, MO
    Got my call today, fyi

6. vonfatman

vonfatman Member

Dec 31, 2006
    You folks that hunt the Riverfront Park know the area is a major contamination site? Might want to do a little checking before you load up the freezer.

Bob

7. 1bucknut

1bucknut New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah I am a KC resident and have heard the stories about the batteries and stuff, heck that might make for some interesting racks! I'll probably concentrate on does and would like to donate to share the harvest, hopefully meat should be fine. I live just on the north Side of the river and see the deer and turkey over there every day......

8. DougC

DougC Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    Rode my dirtbike there for years, and nothing's wrong with me. Oh wait, maybe that's what's wrong with me!?

9. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Yes, got the call couple weeks ago. Me and my buddy got drawn. If you haven't heard anything by now, you probably didn't get drawn. Preference has always been given to KC residents. The hunts are only good the first few days, after that the deer figure out they're being hunted and disappear. And watch out for crazy homeless people and meth heads. I wouldn't hunt any of the city parks without carrying a sidearm with a concealed permit. Had my car broken into at swope and a confrontation with a homeless guy once. Be careful out there.

10. vonfatman

vonfatman Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Yep,
    Coal tars and many other landfill items were spread along the river when it was a landfill. Just think about it. I am NOT suggesting you do not hunt...I am suggesting that you consider what those deer have been eating all along the contaminated area. I know the area is prime development ground and no one has jumped in because there is no way to adequately cap/contain the bad stuff.

Bob