Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
18,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Historic civil settlement for George Floyd's family brings turmoil to Derek Chauvin's criminal trial

Updated 8:53 pm EDT Mar. 15, 2021

A historic $27 million settlement in a lawsuit filed over George Floyd's death, announced as a jury is being chosen for the criminal trial of the officer accused of killing him, complicates a high-profile prosecution and could become grounds for an appeal of a conviction, legal observers say.

Floyd's death under the knee of then-police officer Derek Chauvin was captured on video and seen by millions. It sparked nationwide protests against racial injustice and police brutality. Friday, the city of Minneapolis settled a civil rights lawsuit against it and the four officers who restrained him.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,517 Posts
The fact they paid this, without the trial even determining if they were guilty of anything really is a stark example of the ignorance of liberal politicians.... :wave1:

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
My guess is Chauvin will walk, the drugs killed him, resisting arrest (he was in the cop car) was the cause for the knee to the throat, they are over charging him!

·
Under appreciated
86,439 Posts
My guess is Chauvin will walk, the drugs killed him, resisting arrest (he was in the cop car) was the cause for the knee to the throat, they are over charging him!
I actually think an example will be made out of Chauvin.
There is an autonomous zone in MN that the media is not reporting about. They have it blocked off and not even allowing police in.
HOW TF can you arbitrarily designate an area as police-free? Why areent the cops breaking down those barricades? Crimes are already being committed in there.
Crazy what can be accomplished when the only thing you have to do is claim racism and everyone cowers in fear.

Reactions: 170BC

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
There is an autonomous zone in MN that the media is not reporting about. They have it blocked off and not even allowing police in.
HOW TF can you arbitrarily designate an area as police-free? Why areent the cops breaking down those barricades? Crimes are already being committed in there.
Crazy what can be accomplished when the only thing you have to do is claim racism and everyone cowers in fear.
The system protects the criminals, justice sees no color. Not that i think Chauvin did much wrong, criminal life is not the nest choice for living a long and prosperous life! Then ingesting phentanyl, a entirely new level of studipity!

·
Under appreciated
86,439 Posts
The system protects the criminals, justice sees no color. Not that i think Chauvin did much wrong, criminal life is not the nest choice for living a long and prosperous life! Then ingesting phentanyl, a entirely new level of studipity!
His drug use will be brought up and objected to successfully would be my guess.
That, and how in the heck can you get an unbiased jury for this trial.

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
but, the drugs in his body at the time would be hard be omitted????

·
Vendor
61,772 Posts
If thats the case his lawyers did a criminal job at jury selection.

·
Vendor
61,772 Posts
You cant. It only take 1 person to keep him out of jail.

Reactions: rat

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,517 Posts
I think they are going to have a hard time finding 12 people to all say he's guilty....

There is no way the jury will not be biased, one way or the other. You will have people believing the cops are guilty no matter what evidence is presented, and you will have people believing the cops are inocent no matter what. In the end, I expect a "hung jury", unless of course it's all been rigged from the git go, then maybe he will be convicted...

Reactions: 170BC

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I wonder if they have to forfeit their welfare after getting that big chunk of cash? Either way, they will be poor again in about 5 years or less. Plus the lawyers get like 40% anyways lol.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
I wonder if they have to forfeit their welfare after getting that big chunk of cash? Either way, they will be poor again in about 5 years or less. Plus the lawyers get like 40% anyways lol.
Careful, our resident libtard will be by to label you a racist.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
you guys don't think Georgie family will set up education funds for the families kids to go to private schools and college?
Sure they will........immediately after their next encounter with the popo that goes bad.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts