High of 32*

Discussion in 'Bass' started by X Bow T, Feb 9, 2006.

1. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    Looks like a good strech of flurries for "ice fishin'" Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. Buzzbaits and topwaters tied on:D.

Just wasn't right, not having a Bass Topic posted.:cheers:

Frozen Report to follow, from :eek::eek: this Blue.

2. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Yep--It may be a cold one for sure----If you fishin it---let us know how ya do....And good fishin your way!:cheers:

3. bigbassmike

bigbassmike New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    wentzville
    If the snow is flying on lake o, the jerk bait bite will be going stong.

4. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Most definately a jerkbait bite bite on LOZ shallow from what I hear secondar points with channel swings...

5. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    and everything inbetween...it'll be the finese rig fo sure...it's SNOWIN' !......

I'm off.......:banana:.:wink4:

6. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    LOZ Report

Slow and Cold. Water temps 39-42.9*. Finally got one on the Jerk Bait Sunday afternoon. Partner boated two, just before sunset.

Monday even Colder.....GULP super slow didn't produce a thing. Finally took one off the bluffs, again on the discontinued jerkbait. Partner again, boated two on the jerkbait around 4pm.

Didn't get Skunked.......It can only get better. Sure is nice having the lake all to yourself. Even if it feels like a polar expedition. :cheers:

Quote of the weekend, "You must LOVE fishin'! "

21* and a 70mph boat ride, Will give you a brainfreeze like you've never had!

Looks like a rematch this weekend!:eek:

7. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    My buddy laughed at me when I handed him a helmet, he gave it back, a minute at 70mph we were sitting still waiting for him to put it on! The helmets are worth every cent spent!!!:D

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Slow twitched weighted Rogues on the secondary points.:cheers: Black and chrome or blue and chrome.

Jack

9. bigbassmike

bigbassmike New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    wentzville
    Lows in the teens by this weekend, water temps should drop below 40 on lake o. They whacked them so good last weekend in superbass i got to go this weekend.

10. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    That black & crome rogue is a killer at LOZ of all the rogues I have ever fished that by far has caught the most fish for me...

11. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Well, I just talked to my bro-in-law who fished LOZ today. Said the crappie were hittin like crazy. He was telling me that everyone that's pitching jerk baits are catching crappie as well as bass. Something called the glass minnow by Rapala? I hadn't heard of it. Maybe I'm just out of the loop. It suspends but I don't know how deep. He had a blast today. Must be nice to be self-employeed. Of course, I have health insurance!

12. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    All you need for those crappie are a small suspending bait and they will hammer it! The crappie fishing at LOZ is really good all year long but the winter bite has been exceptional for the past couple of years, white or chrome is a good choice of colors.