Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I am not even ghonna view this do to my blood ptessure might just boil over and I`ll need a new computer,,high fence hunting with drugged animals just infuriates me to no end:mad:

happy thoughts happy thoughts

hayzer falling out of his hammock :D ok me better know :D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Frankly, everyone SHOULD watch it and get pissed off. Then maybe something would be done about the unethical and the law breakers.

This is something it seems many people overlook;

Game Ranches are a perfectly legal and ethical enterprise that serve a purpose in the industry. I become troubled when we paint ALL of them (like they did in the video) with the "unethical" paintbrush.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I agree with ya DSG.
I don't mind game ranches. If someone wants to spend the money on a hunt such as this then so be it. What I do not agree with though is the fact that some ranches do run unethical operations.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Its no different than poachers and legal hunters. If a ranch is run unethically and illegally it should'nt be considered the standard for the industry,,,anymore than we should all be labeled as poachers because we hunt and some folks poach. If the game ranches and deer farms in Michigan were so far out of compliance with the regulations,,where was the government agency that was supposed to be regulating them????Someone in the system in Michigan just plain was'nt doing their job, if things were that far out of control.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
...and that's what I got to say about that.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
...and he got to Morell targets for under a hundred bucks.

F him. I really used to like ol Jimmy but this is a slap in the face from someone that trys to portrey himself as a real outdoorsmen. I think he gets a walk from alot of people because he is Jimmy Huston. Kind of like a finding out a childhood idol has been juicing to hit homeruns.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm not gonna view it cause it doesnt really matter. Like stated above, game ranches are all different. Some will be able to meet an individual's personal ethics and some will not. If they are legal, then only the potential customer need worry about whether it fits their personal ethics. If they are illegal, then they need to be prosecuted just like a poacher would be.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Here we go again...I started to watch it...then realized it's the same thing I've seen every so often pop up.

Disgusting

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Ya, I decided not to pad their stats on this one! Would rather spend my time downloading other videos:banana:

J/J I hate high fences! Not even worth my time watching it!:behead:

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
:mad: this is wrong!!! I can see a high fence ranch if and only if their are no cross fences, the land is large enough so the deer have a chance to not being shot. I heard of a place that used to be called the Sanctuary that is high fenced, this place seems to me anyway to ok. They have 2500 Acres fenced in, no cross fences, no herding deer into corners and no guarantee that you will get a deer.

I did a little research just some number crunching 2500 Acre.= 3.906 SQ. Miles = 12,100,130 sq. yds. Now as a deer take up approximately 1.5 sq yds now if there were 10,000 deer in there you are talking 15000 sq yds or 1 deer every 806.68 sq. yds. sounds like the deer have pretty good odds to me fair to me.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Originally posted by Big John
:mad: this is wrong!!! I can see a high fence ranch if and only if their are no cross fences, the land is large enough so the deer have a chance to not being shot. I heard of a place that used to be called the Sanctuary that is high fenced, this place seems to me anyway to ok. They have 2500 Acres fenced in, no cross fences, no herding deer into corners and no guarantee that you will get a deer.

I did a little research just some number crunching 2500 Acre.= 3.906 SQ. Miles = 12,100,130 sq. yds. Now as a deer take up approximately 1.5 sq yds now if there were 10,000 deer in there you are talking 15000 sq yds or 1 deer every 806.68 sq. yds. sounds like the deer have pretty good odds to me fair to me.
I think you better recheck your math/ethics! If you think that having deer per every 806.68 sq yards is good odds then you need to star in their next video! Go stand in the center of that square footage and tell me that is fair!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
BJ, you are a genius. :roll2:

Can you translate that down into 5th grade math (and english) for the rest of us?:wink4:
OK DSG just for you:

12 inches = 1 foot

9 square feet = 1 square yard

4840.5 square yards = 1 Square Acre

I hope this helps you out DSG.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.