Hey Yankee.......check out this video

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Joeyman, May 28, 2009.

1. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    this what beagles sound like on hare.

We still planning on that hare hunt.

I don't know how many dogs is on the video. More than what I'll be taking with me. But does sound like a good race.

I've been reading they say best time to hunt hare is in September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHJwmyPB9cw

2. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    shhhh shhh im huntin wabbits :sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  4. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    the dogs are able to scent with their heads up in the air when On hare. so the race is more fast pace. PLus Hare smell alot stronger than cottontails. Not sure how they really run. I think they run straight line. Cottontails play more tricks.

My dogs have ran strictly cottontails so on Hare should be a breeze and the dogs should pound the ground non-stop heads up action.

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  6. yankee

yankee Senior Member

sounded cool, never hunted hare in sept, i have had some luck with em jump shooting em in dec jan, would be awesome if we got into a bunch of em, i do know several areas that have a good mix of hares and cottontails

7. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
  8. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    It would be nice if there was little snow on the ground

9. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1278500&tid=89439&author=Joeyman]It would be nice if there was little snow on the ground[/rquote] i met a union operator the other daY, he hunts someplace in the Upper peninsula, he had a tailgate full of hares, they was some big bunnies for sure, i'll try to hook back up with him, maybe we could tag along with him???

10. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1278500&tid=89439&author=Joeyman]It would be nice if there was little snow on the ground[/rquote]

be careful what you wish for....:peepwall:

11. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1278500&tid=89439&author=Joeyman]It would be nice if there was little snow on the ground[/rquote] up in the upper peninsula, they wear snowshoes for hunting snowshoes, that could be a cool hunt, i aint never had snowshoes on before:rof2:

12. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1278517&tid=89439&author=yankee][rquote=1278500&tid=89439&author=Joeyman]It would be nice if there was little snow on the ground[/rquote] up in the upper peninsula, they wear snowshoes for hunting snowshoes, that could be a cool hunt, i aint never had snowshoes on before:rof2:[/rquote]
    look out there will be bigfeet sightings again ......:peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall: