Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an easily findable super duty weed killer. Not worried about anything growing in it’s place again. Mix of grass and weeds in a rock bed at the house. Any suggestions? Wife said no diesel.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Sounds like that's exactly what I'm after. Thank you sir!
Follow label directions carefully. I have heard about some really wide trim spots when someone mixed a sterilant too hot and put it on before a rain.

15,024 Posts
Ortho Ground clear is fairly cheap in cost, the slum lords buy it to spray around their houses , sheds and fence so they would not have to trim after mowing,
Other would be Round--Up 365

15,024 Posts
Around the fence eh? You have my interest
They like to get in and out, if they mow the yard then trim with weed eater, by the time they get done trimming the mower would be gone. Every spring we would sell a lot of ground clear
I know on the round-up 365 whatever is near where it is sprayed will die to, so ya have to be careful.

Had a guy come into Lowe's last year, said he sprayed his food plot with a jug of 365 that was in his dad's barn. Planted his food plot and nothing came up......

· Banned
11,379 Posts
Around the fence eh? You have my interest
I'd rather use 24D around fences. Sure it won't kill everything but if you kill everything then get the big rains then you start getting erosion down the fence line.

Reactions: vonfatman

15,024 Posts
I'd rather use 24D around fences. Sure it won't kill everything but if you kill everything then get the big rains then you start getting erosion down the fence line.
we are talking about 4inch wide of 50-60 feet of fence in someone's yard

an why use 24D for the purpose of not wanting to trim if you still have to trim since it does not kill everything?

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,110 Posts
Rat being a Weed-Guru is why he gets all the chicks.... :wave1:

· Banned
11,379 Posts
we are talking about 4inch wide of 50-60 feet of fence in someone's yard

an why use 24D for the purpose of not wanting to trim if you still have to trim since it does not kill everything?
Tall weeds grow in my frontage fence and look terrible. Grass doesn't look bad. I used to spray that 4" strip with gly but now I have erosion channels from rain and no vegetation and use 24d instead.

· Under appreciated
93,232 Posts
Rat must have me on ignore.
No sir, didnt see this until just today.

Ortho has another product this year under the groundclear name that is simply pelargonic acid. It will burn weeds but they will just grow back. Be sure that you bought the groundclear that has glyphosate and imazapyr. Glyphosate kills the existing weeds and the imazapyr is there for residual. 365 that dafish mentions is similar but with imazapic instead of imazapyr.
Know also that you should not use this within the rootzone of desirable shrubs or trees. You'll get injury or death of your desirables if you do.

Reactions: vonfatman
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.