Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was the trip to the big city? Hung around Rodgers for quite awhile hoping you would walkin, but never saw ya. Hope ya had a nice trip.:eek::

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:D I did go by Rogers to look at trotline information for Bricky, but I was there like 10 minutes after I talked to you on the phone.

They also convinced my big butt to get down on the floor and try out a layout blind too. :D I still just don't know about spending 4-500 bones on layout blinds for me and Shoal. That coin saved up could be converted into a pretty nice gun. There's GOT to be a cheaper way to cover up. :thinking:

Momma took me to Independence Mall. :rof2: :rock: NEVER AGAIN! Gee whiz......it wouldn't HAPPEN to be by design that its SUPER easy to get in, but takes over an HOUR to get OUT is it?!

We ended up eating at the place inside Bass Pro, and it was pretty durn good food. The service was excellent, that's for sure.

My gift card got used to purchase a Pflueger President for my Ugly Stick. Its strung and ready to fish now. I hope its ready to bring in a 10 pound bass this spring, cause that's what I bought it for! :2thumbsup:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:thinking: So what did you come away with at Rogers?

Parker

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
I've been trying to get to Rogers to look at ice fishing supplies....just cain't seem to git that fur from home right now!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I've been trying to get to Rogers to look at ice fishing supplies....just cain't seem to git that fur from home right now!!!
:peepwall: You would be disappointed after the drive. They have VERY little. More than BPS and Cabelas, but NOT worth driving anywhere for.

You'd be better off ordering things from a catalog or the internet, including your wax worms.

If you were wanting to see things in person, you'd be better off finding a shop in IA to drive to.

The shops around here are JUST NOT GETTING that ice fishing is catching on. People would buy the stuff if places would carry it. :roll2:

Parker

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Yea, I knew they didn't have much, but more than anywhere else near me!!! Did they have any sales going on?? By chance see any Predator Camo in stock???

·
2,842 Posts
Where does a guy go ice fishing around here? You must be traveling "up-north hey"

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by rangerdvr
Where does a guy go ice fishing around here? You must be traveling "up-north hey"
I'm just 30 minutes north of you, and before yesterday's thaw, we had 6 inches on farm ponds!!! My buddy fished Christmas eve, while I was bowhunting!!!:banana:

·
2,842 Posts
I have lots of ice fishing stuff in my basement, your more than welcome to use anything you want. I lived in the great white north my first 17 years.

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Thanks for the offer!!!:cheers: Maybe we'll hook up and just use it, whenever it freezes back up!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:cheers: Folks were having a lot of luck in the farm ponds around here before this last craziness started with the weather.

Parker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts