Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,312 Posts
It's a great shooting rifle. I don't use it a lot because I have other rifles that I enjoy hunting with also but when it does go to the woods it always performs as expected.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Line Material property
Plant Wood Fawn Tints and shades Tail
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Beef

Reactions: Bob58 and Pastor

· Registered
9,696 Posts
I think if you keep working with it, you can tighten it up a bit.....:D

· Registered
6,312 Posts
I think if you keep working with it, you can tighten it up a bit.....:D
You are probably right but you know me, I'm kinda lazy and well close enough is close enough. :thinking:

Reactions: Bob58

· Registered
6,312 Posts
Nice group ...Great cartridge too
Thanks. I wholeheartedly agree on being a great cartridge. It is too bad that it has been forgotten or overlooked or whatever has happened. IMO it is the perfect round for youths or small stature hunters and would love to see it more commonly used.

· Registered
6,312 Posts
I have one in 250 .....want more in it ,,,They just seem to go high when you find one in that round
My first foray was a 1899 takedown in 250-3000 but had the slow twist. Fun as heck to shoot and accurate with the 87 grain bullets but I wanted to shoot 100's. So I bought a Shaw barrel then started looking for a donor rifle. Took me a while to find what I wanted but eventually I ran across a LH Savage 14 in 308 that got the conversion. Got to thank @Bob58 for the lesson on changing savage barrels. Turned out to be a very sweet set up.

Reactions: Bob58 and wiser1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.