Hey mo mo deer huntin dads!!!!!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by inkwithattitude, Nov 1, 2010.

1. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Congrats to all the kiddo's!!!!!

And by the looks of it u all better step up ur huntin game before they take all the bruisers outta the woods!!!:rof2:

They are kickin ur butts this year!

2. That's the way we like it! Been a rough year for deer at mt house, mainly cause I was letting my killin hole sit for the daughter. And it was worth it. :D

3. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    It is sure fun takin them kids huntin. I really dont care if i get one or not as long as the kids have a good time. And yes my boy has been kickin my butt.

4. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    My 9 year old and I had a great time together, we didn't connect but it was still a great experience for him. :cheers:
    He's bootlippin' that he didn't get one & says his season is too short. :wave:

5. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    [rquote=1873862&tid=130510&author=Wings Fan 19]He's bootlippin' that he didn't get one & says his season is too short. :wave:[/rquote]

Tell him I TOTALLY AGREE!:cheers:

6. Wings Fan 19

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1873882&tid=130510&author=SHEDHEAD][rquote=1873862&tid=130510&author=Wings Fan 19]He's bootlippin' that he didn't get one & says his season is too short. :wave:[/rquote]

Tell him I TOTALLY AGREE!:cheers:

[/rquote]
    Let's as 20' what he thinks about this. :pop::whistle:

7. tobrien

tobrien Member

[rquote=1873862&tid=130510&author=Wings Fan 19]My 9 year old and I had a great time together, we didn't connect but it was still a great experience for him. :cheers:
    He's bootlippin' that he didn't get one & says his season is too short. :wave:[/rquote]

had the same conversation on the ride home last night,he chose to pass on a small doe and a button in hopes of better but it never happened,so now he is 2nd guessing giving them the pass,but after all the boohoo he says "we didn't get a deer but i sure like huntin with ya"

8. ckbuck

ckbuck New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    We didn't get anything but saw a couple. Just couldn't get the scope focused in because they were moving. Can I take my 8 year old daughter during regular gun season as well.

9. Wings Fan 19

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1873951&tid=130510&author=ckbuck]We didn't get anything but saw a couple. Just couldn't get the scope focused in because they were moving. Can I take my 8 year old daughter during regular gun season as well.[/rquote]
    You can take her anytime, but she's not supposed to shoot.
    I had this same chat with my little guy... he cant wait for gun season now.

10. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    [rquote=1873979&tid=130510&author=Wings Fan 19][rquote=1873951&tid=130510&author=ckbuck]We didn't get anything but saw a couple. Just couldn't get the scope focused in because they were moving. Can I take my 8 year old daughter during regular gun season as well.[/rquote]
    You can take her anytime, but she's not supposed to shoot.
    I had this same chat with my little guy... he cant wait for gun season now. [/rquote]

I am sure that a youth hunter can hunt during the regular gun season.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    a youth hunter CAN hunt and shoot during regular season. they just have to abide by antler restrictions if you have them in the area you plan to hunt.
    get me out there, their season isnt over yet:cheers:

12. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    The kids can hunt regular rifle the same as us. They have to follow the AR if you are in one of those counties during regular season though. During the youth they can shoot anything.

13. Wings Fan 19

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Thanks for the clarification, I 'assumed' instead of looking it up. :cheers::cheers:

14. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    [rquote=1873831&tid=130510&author=Ozarks-Bowhunter]It is sure fun takin them kids huntin. I really dont care if i get one or not as long as the kids have a good time. And yes my boy has been kickin my butt.[/rquote]I agree I don't have any legal to shoot yet but will in 2 years and can't wait! Teach em young and teach em well, they are our future conservationists!!:2thumbsup: