Hey MailMan

Discussion in 'Reloading Tips & Tricks' started by htredneck, Jun 1, 2009.

1. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    So I don't get smacked for getting off topic...
    Why didn't you snatch up SOM's stuff before he left?
    Although I'm glad you didn't because I got to meet him and topped off my list of supplies...

Just curious...

2. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    First off....I just didn't want that post to get headed toward another walmart bashing party. As Barnie Fife always said..."Nip it..Nip it in the bud." Nothing bad towards you at all.

As for SOM's stuff....I was offered anything he had for sale and either I didn't want or need it. I would have liked to have that meat mixer but decided an afternoon project that takes about two hours by hand isn't worth the $150 price tag for the mixer. I might regret my decision later when Mr. Arthur Ritus comes for a visit.

3. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Trust me, nothing bad taken.
    I didn't get the mixer, but I did get all his shotgun components. Adding his to what I had gave me enough to load several thousand rounds should the urge hit...

BTW - keep meaning to ask and forget - you a city or rural carrier? My Mom is retired rural, and still very active in the union...

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    City Carrier....Don't get me started on the Letter Carriers Union. Our two past local presidents went turncoat on us after they sold us down the river. I have no use for my local now. Both have their suit and tie jobs and still sticking it to the carriers else where. I'm still a member of the National tho.