Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell Key , I got me a big mug of coffee this morning and sat on the hill listening to the turkeys . There is no shortage of toms . I could make out five different birds within a half mile of where I was sitting . There are three strutting spots down along the creek and two of them had a tom . They were on opposite sides of the creek trying to out do each other . She is going to have a blind on each one .

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I'll be down in alittle while with dekes and blinds.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Man, sounds like an awesome spot....hope somebody video's this girls hunt!!!! Sounds like it won't take much tape in that spot!!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
Originally posted by clansey
Originally posted by beanpile
better get the 410 dialed in
I'm taking out a 9 y/o for the youth season. I was throwing around the idea of using a 410. I was wondering if that would be enough for a turkey?
better get em reeeeeel close 50 ft or less IMO
Used to know a kid that hunted in Benton Co., with his grandpa, killed alot of birds growin up with a 410...Like said above...get em close!!! I would guess this kids shots were around 15 yards most years.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
hey fireman if your not doing anything next weekend, come on up it's not
that far and you should have a good time.if you do come bring you daughter
yours and my oldest look about the same age.oh and if you do come bring
a rifle you like to shoot our range is better than anything you can get
publicly.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in the glory days at swan lake , there was a gun club that only allowed 410's . If they will drop a flying goose , a standing tom is no problem . When I had good eyes I used to shoot quail with one and have harvested more rabbits than I can remember .

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
Originally posted by mobiggerbucks
Back in the glory days at swan lake , there was a gun club that only allowed 410's . If they will drop a flying goose , a standing tom is no problem . When I had good eyes I used to shoot quail with one and have harvested more rabbits than I can remember .
ahh illusions on gradeur again..the beauty if ageing

jus kiddn

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by igor
hey fireman if your not doing anything next weekend, come on up it's not
that far and you should have a good time.if you do come bring you daughter
yours and my oldest look about the same age.oh and if you do come bring
a rifle you like to shoot our range is better than anything you can get
publicly.
Thanks igor, awesome invitation!!! My daughters travelin team has a basketball tourney here in town all weekend....gonna have to tell that coach to check my schedule before makin plans like this!!!!!! So, we'll be huntin close to home for an hour or two before roundball starts...I cleaned out a spot for us to sneak into last weekend, so hopefully we'll get one at flydown!!! Good luck to ya'll!!!!

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
There better be a photographer there.
I want to see how excited Key is when she's standing over that bird !

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
You would be suprised just how much killing power the .410 has. A lot more that most people think. It just has less pellets to throw towards that bird. My guess would be 25 yards and closer. Good Luck to Key on her hunt. Crystal just make sure she has a shell in her gun. :D

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
Originally posted by Mailman
Crystal just make sure she has a shell in her gun. :D
:wink:Some things are just never forgotten are they!!!! :horse:
Not when they are pricless!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.