Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the hevi-13 shotgun choke with the hevi-13 mag blend shells, 3.5"?
I bought this setup for my X3 last year but never got around to patterning it or anything. Thinking about using it friday if I can get a pattern shot before then.

· King of Callaway
43,378 Posts
Shot hevi 13 till the TSS came out, straight sixes always did fine, I tried the blend one time, it patterned the same just not quite as many pellets.

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot hevi 13 till the TSS came out, straight sixes always did fine, I tried the blend one time, it patterned the same just not quite as many pellets.
I'm not expecting it to perform like TSS. But I'm using federal #6's and am about out of them and got a deal (long story) on two boxes of these with the choke so I was thinking about switching.
What shells were you shooting when you killed that duck way out there last year?

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Space reserved for said long story:
A friend bought these 3.5" shells for his shotgun that only had a 3" chamber :banging:
He lost the receipt and not sure you can return ammunition anyway so I bought them and the choke for half what he paid.

· King of Callaway
43,378 Posts
I'm not expecting it to perform like TSS. But I'm using federal #6's and am about out of them and got a deal (long story) on two boxes of these with the choke so I was thinking about switching.
What shells were you shooting when you killed that duck way out there last year?
3.5 Hevi 13 6's

· Mountain lion hunter
28,422 Posts
He always runs lead #4 for ducks

· Deadeye
6,142 Posts
rat,I bought a Indian creek and heavy shot for my sx3 it shot low right and just to tight for me,to easy to shoot past a bird.I should try a another choke until then. I went back to my 11-87sp and a .675 that Nuline made for me years ago and shoot Winchester supremes.
This combo has proved it self since 1988 no reason to change.

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rat,I bought a Indian creek and heavy shot for my sx3 it shot low right and just to tight for me,to easy to shoot past a bird.I should try a another choke until then. I went back to my 11-87sp and a .675 that Nuline made for me years ago and shoot Winchester supremes.
This combo has proved it self since 1988 no reason to change.
I'm going to give it a shot later today and see how it does. I do have some more shells I like out of my 870 so if the X3 shoots bad, I'll just run the old shotgun no worries.

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
so if the X3 shoots bad,
I can't imagine that it will, there is no magic to a shogun and tight choke. I've seen some do a little better than others, but I've actually never seen one do poorly.

Reactions: rat

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't imagine that it will, there is no magic to a shogun and tight choke. I've seen some do a little better than others, but I've actually never seen one do poorly.
Welp, I bought the shells and the choke so I may as well find out. 3.5" probably going to carry a whop on the butt end

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.