heres what i wake up to every morning

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by JBMan, Jan 30, 2006.

1. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    this is how i say gooood morning MWT!

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Must make for sweet dreams also JB... nice coonies there too.

Are you a coon hunter??

3. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    yep, well... used to be, now i just trap them... sooo much easier on the legs. although i do miss the cold quiet nights on top of the hills waitin for the hounds to strike a trail!

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh man.. I remember my uncle getting me totally hooked on going out about 10pm chasing dogs. When you heard the dogs on tree, you had nothing else on the mind but busting through all that brush.. unbeleivable experience as a kid and one I'll never forget. Course, coons were a buck an inch then.. not so now :(

5. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    ohh well, theyre still mighty tasty!:D

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Never ate 'em but seen lots of them beady little eyes in treetops in the bottoms about 2am. Make a dandy target for the .22 ruger.

My uncle raised redbones and walkers... no shortage of good dogs for sure. I was a lucky kid for sure. ;)

7. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    ahhh good ole walkers. the best things i can remember are when a possum gets caught runnin across a big ole field.

good practice for the dogs, specially when my uncle was shootin:D

8. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Yea, well I'd post what I wake up to every morning but since this is a family site I'd better not.

9. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    oooo dang! if it was anything like my ex, the monster from the cold cream lagoon!:hysterical:

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Uncle JT used to get so mad when his dogs (and it didnt happen very much!) when his dogs would be on a possum tree.

Too much work for a danged ol possum. But we banged a lot of very nice coons.

Grandma used to have a small pond that was overstocked with bullheads and we used to sit on the bank all day, ketching those b-heads and throwing them over the bank.... automatic 2 or 3 nice coons right there before we even let the dogs loose at night. Dang, those were the days eh!!

11. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Jackson
    i do the same, i have a little pond where the bull heads only get 4" long at the most, i can just throw a weightless cricket hook with a yellow crappie jig threaded on and catch the all day long. i gave a few to my high school teacher before i graduated in '02, i just checked back with them and they are still the same size... just with bellies like mine!

but those that i have pitched over the banks have often made great chunk bait for cats.... i might try some for coon bait... good idea.

oh and the dogs we had wouldn't run possums, we would flash one walking through a field and turn the dogs loose,

12. Arrow-1

Arrow-1 SuperSenior Member

When I saw the title of this thread I thought we were headed in a different direction. But I guess this will do.......:pop:

13. It could be worse! You could wake up to this every morning!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

chad

14. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    ROCKO....... You are a sick man!!!!!:cool3:

15. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    That's just disgusting

16. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    Or wake up like this:

nope, can't do it. Grossed myself out.

17. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    That guy's nostril has to be real stretchy! Looks painfull! It would, however, probably keep you from snoring!

18. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    :cool3::cool3::cool3::cool3::fart:

19. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO