Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my daughters anyway...wheels would be a waste of time...especially bowfishin!!!!hehehe...stir, stir...lol. The aluminum quick-detach dovetail piece is sold by Muzzy, as is the arrow...we also use the plastic slides on the arrows, instead of the old cable kits....the cables still work, but the new deals are even better....The quick detach piece lets you take your reel and arrow off your bow, and leave it and the mud in the back of the truck, as well as being able to go shoot regular arrows without a screwdriver. The AMS retriever reel is zero drag....no need to push a button before the shot. After the shot, squeeze the trigger, and reel in...makes for a quick second shot if you miss!!! I have mine loaded with 400# fast flight string, it's alot more limber than the stock line they provide....pics to follow!!!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another hint for bowfishin....pay attention to where your arrow is shooting in relation to your 20 yd, or closest set sight pin....Back when I used a compound with sights, I started out bowfishing, looking down the arrow...might have hit 1 out of 20+ fish...then I said to meself..I said "self", use the pins...My 20 yd pin was dead on for killin fish...hit 5 out of the next 5 shots!!!! Polarized glasses are a must too!!! At least for daytime shootin....lol

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
that looks like an expensive rig, HOLD ON TO THAT SUCKER! almost lost a bow
on an enormous grass carp. those stupid bigheads should be up around
lewis mill, havn't been down there yet but its about that time.
good luck to ya. stick a bunch of em.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Nice rig fireman, been wanting to get into bowfishing myself. I have an old bear compound I figured would work great. Hopefully someday I will get it all setup and ready to go fishing.

BTH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.