Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ***** have come back to the cat food. Hadn't seen one since Oct. 7th, and this AM, there was one in the trap, looking pretty sad (it rained pretty good last night).
CCI Segmented Subsonics worked like a champ. No more ****. He's decorating a ditch now.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
They must be moving around and spreading out this time of year.

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Add another **** to the score. Down to my last subsonic segmented CCI load. I might have to put in an order for more, IF I can find someplace that has them in stock.

Reactions: 20' and fishshooter

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
I gotta trap a skunk at the in-laws this weekend, that's always a risky venture, far prefer trapping ***** :banging::confused:

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You probably already know how to do this. Haveaheart trap. When you catch the ****, then you can walk up to the trap, hiding behind a sheet or something (anything, a tarp, whatever) till you get to the trap. Then drape the tarp/whatever over the trap, pick it up and carry it off to the pond or whatever, and drown the thing. Easy enough, and you shouldn't get sprayed, just go slow and don't get the skunk excited.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Add another **** to the score. Down to my last subsonic segmented CCI load. I might have to put in an order for more, IF I can find someplace that has them in stock.
Last one on april 26th ? You aren't infested yet I guess.

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's early yet this year, henry. I'm not really working it hard, either. This one tried the same thing yesterday, but all my guns were loaded up in the truck as I was going to the range, and I didn't have anything to shoot it with, handy. Today was another day................

Reactions: fishshooter

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
You probably already know how to do this. Haveaheart trap. When you catch the ****, then you can walk up to the trap, hiding behind a sheet or something (anything, a tarp, whatever) till you get to the trap. Then drape the tarp/whatever over the trap, pick it up and carry it off to the pond or whatever, and drown the thing. Easy enough, and you shouldn't get sprayed, just go slow and don't get the skunk excited.
Usually take it to the tail pipe of the truck and let it run for about 15 minutes, as humane as I can figure.

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does that work? Is it just an enclosed Haveahart style?

On the whole, I like skunks, they do eat a lot of eggs, but they eat a lot of bugs, too, and I don't like bugs much. I've never been sprayed (due mostly to blind luck) but they've never given me any trouble, like ***** and possums do.

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
How does that work? Is it just an enclosed Haveahart style?
Pretty much, however the release door is on the other side of the catch door, didn't mess with it last night as I had to work today. Will set it right about dark tomorrow. Now I gotta figure out who is at the top of my :censor: list as they may be getting a new pet. :innocent:

Reactions: glennasher1

· Registered
3,402 Posts
Pretty much, however the release door is on the other side of the catch door, didn't mess with it last night as I had to work today. Will set it right about dark tomorrow. Now I gotta figure out who is at the top of my :censor: list as they may be getting a new pet. :innocent:
Coyotehunter you better lock your truck up!!!!!

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That must be a big azz truck. :D :wave1:
It's just a Nissan Frontier King Cab, nothing too outlandish. It's "just right" for me, the only thing I haul is a deer during rifle season.
I just took the rimfires I shoot the most (there are four or five that are semi-retired). That was eight, plus my AR, which needed some scope tinkering done to it. I didn't even get to the AR on Wednesday, so I went back this AM and checked it out.

It took a minor adjustment to get it where I wanted, now it's good to go. My AR is sure no target gun, but it handles well enough (for what it is) and the Leupold 3-9X has fantastic eye relief, which is why I put it there. Maybe some day I'll warm up to the contraption, but it's gonna take time. I like bolt guns better.

Reactions: fishshooter

· Registered
13,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Zapped another one last evening. It had the gall to come out just at dusk. Got him with my favorite deer shot, the double-shoulder. He ran off into the brush to die. Good, now I don't have to dispose of him.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
20 or so days apart. Way to keep them thinned out. :tup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.