Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work pretty hard all year on my place doing food plots
a day like today makes it all worth it 3-4 inches of snow with a crust of ice, I feel pretty darn good right now, I have alot of people wonder why I put the plot in the crp by the shed they ask do they use it I think so,
here is the proof, the turnips are gettin hit hard like greens in the winter time

·
Grrrrrrr
29,886 Posts
Nice pics....I need to go look at my plot. I haven't had a chance to get back in the treestand yet so I have no clue what's going on out there....plan to take care of that starting the week after Christmas.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
looks like a good hill to sit in a flatbottom boat and go sledding:rof2:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
That's the same reason we put in our food plots, and I hope they're getting hit just as hard as yours are Mark. :eek::

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Good feeling ain't it? I haven't been to my place in the last week & am anxious to get out there & see how much my plots are being utilized. Very confident it'll look just like that.

Last weekend, I seen 21 turks come out & eat beans one night, & 14 come out the next night & peck around the newly seeded WW on my pond dam. Makes me feel like I'm making a difference.

:kewlpics:

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Good stuff rmr. I know how that puts a smile on your face. Mine too. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
went to the farm last night, had things winterized but when it gets below zero bad things can happen so I turned on some heat for the next couple of nights, when I turned into the drive in the plot next to the shed I see eyes, counted 15 as my lights moved around saw 5 more thats 20, shined the lights over the hill and all I could see was eyes in the bottom
dont know how many but several I just smiled and went into the shed and turned on the heat.

these types of days and nights are why I do food plots!!!!

·
17,685 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

rmr you are truely a general and a scholar on your place:cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
:2thumbsup:

·
11,357 Posts
I love the late season hunting with food sources. RMR looks like you have some AWESOME plots. Do you do any late season bow hunting over them?? I have been hunting a winter wheat and turnip plot and they are tearing it up also. Makes you feel good, watching those deer demolish it!!!:dancin::dancin:

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Awesome as usual Mark!!!:2thumbsup:

·
11,357 Posts
Originally posted by rmr
I killed a smallish 8pointer about 1st part of December,
I think my deer have gone kind of nocturnal I havent seen that many during the day but last night when I checked the cabin there were deer every where in the plots
Well you definately have GREAT looking plots. Congrats on your hard work. I would say for this time of the year you couldn't find a better looking spot to hunt!!!:2thumbsup::eek::

1 - 20 of 20 Posts