Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the problem---Adjoining the back of my city lot is a virtual jungle of vegetation owned by the city and controlled by the Parks Department. I have recieved an unofficial OK to use herbacides to kill the area directly behind my property. My sprayer is the one gallon garden variety. in stream its range is only about 15 feet. The vegetation is so thick I am hesitant to try to penetrate it and I want to spray wider bands so the job will advance quicker.

I need a sprayer that will shoot a stream further but don't know enough about handsprayers to choose the right one.

Will a bigger handpump garden sprayer shoot a stream further? Will the piston pump backpack sprayer work better? Are the small ATV mounted sprayers capable of projecting a stream an appreciable distance?

The herbacide I am using is very effective so I don't need recommendations on that. What I do need is info from someone that has hands on experience. Thanks.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
The 12 volt sprayers can put out a long stream. The 25 gallon models usually have a larger pump,,the nozzles are adjustable to spray a longer stream or a mist. We use ours for fire control on controlled burns,,and they will reach out a ways.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to put the money into the larger 12 volt sprayer, but will if necessary. Do you think I would be able to sell it after it has had Roundup run through it?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pix of the problem area. I treid to capture my fence and the brown area is about 30 ft wide. As you can see the vegetation is a mix that includes among other things-briers, poison ivey and honeysuckle. It is thick and the groung is VERY rough. Its about 100 ft wide and 100 ft deep.

Attachments

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Originally posted by Poor Valley
I hate to put the money into the larger 12 volt sprayer, but will if necessary. Do you think I would be able to sell it after it has had Roundup run through it?
No problems rinsing roundup out of a sprayer.. its as easy to rinse out as
detergent... triple rinse, no residue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.