Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to upgrade my deer cam with a digital camera.

1. I bought a Canon S100 2.1 mpixels, but now I maybe changing my mind and going with something better, or is the S100 a good camera. I bought in hopes of following Brian's instructions, but he stops short of showing how to hook it up to a controller?

2. I was thinking about purchasing one of the following camera's instead:
-Sony P32
-Sony P52
Would one of these camera's be better? I'm thinking it would be, because there's a good set of instructions for rigging the P32. And, if necessary, I could purchase the Pixcontroller LE, LE II, or Universal Board. Which controller would be best.

I can say this, for my 35 mm set up, my controller is setup as follows, and worked great!

- PIR trips as a deer walks by, 2 secon delay
- Picture is taken
- Waits 8 - 12 hours
- Resets for next photo

Any suggestions, or recommendations?

Is is the link to Jesse's page, of which I plan to use in modifying the Canon S100:
Canon S100 Modification

Attached picture is my 35 mm setup...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Originally posted by SmokinBarrel
I'd like to upgrade my deer cam with a digital camera.

1. I bought a Canon S100 2.1 mpixels, but now I maybe changing my mind and going with something better, or is the S100 a good camera. I bought in hopes of following Brian's instructions, but he stops short of showing how to hook it up to a controller?

2. I was thinking about purchasing one of the following camera's instead:
-Sony P32
-Sony P52
Would one of these camera's be better? I'm thinking it would be, because there's a good set of instructions for rigging the P32. And, if necessary, I could purchase the Pixcontroller LE, LE II, or Universal Board. Which controller would be best.

I can say this, for my 35 mm set up, my controller is setup as follows, and worked great!

- PIR trips as a deer walks by, 2 secon delay
- Picture is taken
- Waits 8 - 12 hours
- Resets for next photo

Any suggestions, or recommendations?

Is is the link to Jesse's page, of which I plan to use in modifying the Canon S100:
Canon S100 Modification

Attached picture is my 35 mm setup...
SmokinBarrel, The Canon S100 is way old news, Extremely Dificult to modify and use, and finding a controller for it will be a real chore...Forget that cam, there are others that are WAY better suited for your purpose. Brian is no longer a member where you see that mod, you will have to find him at Hagshouse.

The Sony DSC-P32 Cyber Shot is a very good cam for gamecams....Another to look at is the Sony DSC-P41 Cyber Shot..It comes in at 4.1MP Both cams are Excellent and have very good flash range, and easy to Modify.

Pix Controller = wait a month or so and Buy one of Brians BG2 boards, it is much smaller and has many more options as well as it is much easier to use...I am testing one for him right now that is working fantastic, Simply put this is the best controller I have ever seen and I have used them all, every single one...Drop me an Email and I will give you the working link to Hags house, You will find Everything you want to know there.

[email protected]

Why are you using a Lead acid battery in that cam? is it a 12VDC batt or 6VDC? Thats an awefull lot of battery for just the controller I am seeing, A pix controller if I am not mistaken...I was just looking and seen it...Brians boards typically run on a small 9 volt battery for most of a year, The new board uses half the power and will most likely last 2 yrs on a single 9 volt battery.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Here is an unfinished, in the works BG2 board...It is sitting alongside the BG1 board, the same board I have used up until this point...the BG1 is a great board, but you can see the BG2 is half the size...something like 2" X 2".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.