Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i threw my name in the hat. Figured I know just as much as the next guy....Turkey reproduction isn't that difficult to figure out. Grouse on the other hand require extreme niche habitat. Problem is MDC has lost the trust of the average landowner. It's a different world we live in now. What kills me is the same person that complains there's no Turkey is the same person who dozes fence rows, edge to edge farms and doesn't do or allow trapping/furbearer hunting. Kinda a lose lose if you ask me

·
Super Moderator
25,881 Posts
Seems absolutely STUPID to have the turkey biologist and grouse biologist be the same person.

Guess what’s even more stupid is why they keep pissin’ into the hurricane regarding the grouse.

Sure the next one will be even more woke and granola.
grousse biologists, may as well double as the mt lion bio, although we likely have a better jungle cat population

·
Super Moderator
25,881 Posts
Seems absolutely STUPID to have the turkey biologist and grouse biologist be the same person.

Guess what’s even more stupid is why they keep pissin’ into the hurricane regarding the grouse.

Sure the next one will be even more woke and granola.
grousse biologists, may as well double as the mt lion bio, although we likely have a better jungle cat population

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Everybody including the MDC knows/acknowledges that there are mountain lions here.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Everybody including the MDC knows/acknowledges that there are mountain lions here.
I'm not sure he was meaning they don't. I think he's saying that there's such a sparse population of them, do you really need a biologist for them? I remember when they released radio collared prairie chickens and they spent tons of money on them just to watch them fly from NW Missouri to West Central back to Nebraska....while it would be cool to have Grouse and Chickens and Pheasants and Sharptail here, it's just not going to happen. Too much habitat on a postage stamp and too little widespread conservation

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I'm not sure he was meaning they don't. I think he's saying that there's such a sparse population of them, do you really need a biologist for them? I remember when they released radio collared prairie chickens and they spent tons of money on them just to watch them fly from NW Missouri to West Central back to Nebraska....while it would be cool to have Grouse and Chickens and Pheasants and Sharptail here, it's just not going to happen. Too much habitat on a postage stamp and too little widespread conservation
I'm giving him trouble over his conspiracy theory that the MDC knows there are breeding populations of mountain lions in MO but wont admit it. :D

Agree on the grouse thing. They have specific habitat requirements and even when they emulate that here, MO will revert back to a habitat that doesnt support them. Not everything they try will work. I guess the question is, should they try something before they declare it not

Reactions: 20'

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,455 Posts
I'm giving him trouble over his conspiracy theory that the MDC knows there are breeding populations of mountain lions in MO but wont admit it. :D

Agree on the grouse thing. They have specific habitat requirements and even when they emulate that here, MO will revert back to a habitat that doesnt support them. Not everything they try will work. I guess the question is, should they try something before they declare it not
I hope he bans you for good

21 - 29 of 29 Posts