Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am 20 years old and I am very well experienced with firearms, but not so much with hunting. I hunt small game on private land with an air rifle and want to know laws regarding how to get started hunting for small game with bigger guns. Maybe 12 gauge or .22 rifle. I am only interested in small game for now. I just need to know how to get a license to hunt small game in Missouri. I took a hunters safety course in High School. Is that still good or do i need to take another course? I am 20 years old turning 21 in May 2016. Any help is appreciated!

NO :spam: PLZ

~DeceivedPants

·
6,579 Posts
Watch for CA's that specify shotgun only...or no single projectiles. Otherwise just need yo small game license which you should be able to get since you took hunters safety.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek:: Thank you. Does it mater that i don't have the actual license anymore? It also does not show up on my MO Hunting app. Do they expire or is the certification good for life?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And when i go to buy the small game license on the app it is blurred out and wont let me buy it.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Your conservation id should be on file ,,,Call 1-800-392-4115 to straighten it out

·
6,579 Posts
Try looking yourself up online with your social maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, they don't expire. I took my Hunter Safety course almost 35 years ago.
Hmmm I wonder why mine doesnt show up on the app then :confused: When i go to click on small game hunting license it says "You must have hunters certificate"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your conservation id should be on file ,,,Call 1-800-392-4115 to straighten it out
I tried this and they only take questions Monday through Friday. Weekends are for purchasing permits only :rules:

·
13,255 Posts
Seems simple, call during the week then

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,144 Posts
MO now requires you to submit a copy of your Firearms Safety Cert before issuing any firearms tags. Go to mdc.com and try buying a permit via their website and there should be an option on the right to enter your FSC.

See rule #2 on the attached link, once that's done you should be good to go.

https://mdc-web.s3licensing.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts