Help page for posting pics to the gallery

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by xxx, Nov 18, 2005.

1. xxx

xxx Guest

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    You're a smart cookie Dave! I think that'll help out a lot of folks!

HMMMMM......just an idea, maybe you could post a pic on here that's the high limit on size so that everyone knows what a high limit pic will look like when it loads on the screen.... I'm interested!

Thanks again for hosting such a great site!

Parker

3. xxx

xxx Guest

I working on a new page that will show them how to post a pic to the forum using both the computer image as well as the a pic hosted on the gallery or any other webhost... That will take some more time to do.....

4. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    good addition mrb......I think it should help lots of folks out. This might be going to far but I know a lot of people have trouble resizing pictures. I don't know if you could come up with a page depicting a resize of a big picture with a common program like maybe Microsoft Photo Editor, I think that should be on most windows machines. Just a thought.

5. xxx

xxx Guest

MU.. Good question.....

The nice thing about this program is that it will resize any photo uploaded to the required size of the site...... It all automatic.....:cheers:

6. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    Good point, I guess I just resize them and post them from my computer but if you go that route it won't be an issue.

As always, you do an awesome job.....keep up the good work
    :wink4:

7. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I'm having problems Registering.Go through get it all done,says I'll get an E-Mail never do.

oneshot
    :D And the Big Grin has a real cool pic.

8. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Bumped for new members

9. Outlaw

Outlaw New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Novinger, MO
    not registered?

I've signed up, loggd in and still not registered, what's the secret? I would like to participate on this website, but it won't let me. Even tried to resign up, but it says I'm already here.

[Edited on 11-20-2006 by Outlaw]

10. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Outlaw I have no idea waht to tell ya. We will keep this bumped so that one of the Admin will see it and maybe they can help ya out.

11. Outlaw

Outlaw New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Novinger, MO
    tried to register again

Well, i tried to register again, but to no avail. My profile says I'm unregistered, but then when I try to register, it tells me that e-mail has already been registered. This is almost as frustrating as not seeing anything big enough to shoot! HELP !

12. Outlaw

Outlaw New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Novinger, MO
    bump... ... to a moderator.

13. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    If you are talking about the photo gallery the program didn't pick up the email address as a good email. I have bypassed the process and have registered you as a member so you should be good to go now.

More problems please let me know..

:cheers::cheers:

14. waysidehunter75

waysidehunter75 New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    posting pictures

i cant seem to get to the right page it keeps takin me to the photo gallery but there is no place that it says post pictures:confused:

15. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    you must first register, with a valid email address so you can reply to a link that will make you a registered member...

then after you reply to the email, you can log in and you will see a place to click on upload photos in the upper right hand corner of the screen.....

after you pic uploads you will then be taken to another screen where you make sure you have the photo in the right catagory and then you will click on process photo. then you are done..

Here is a pic of what you c=should see if you have registered properly.

[file]11607[/file]

16. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    I can get photos to the gallery but now for some reason when I try to put them in a post all I get is a red X . Under the properties you say to click on I am only getting 1 address not 2 like you say. What am I doing wrong?

[​IMG]

17. Harry Callahan

Harry Callahan New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    st peters
    Having same problem already started a new topic for it sorry Theres got to be a faster way to post pics in the forums other than switching between windows to type in the address

18. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    the address is incomplete........ it needs a jpg at the end behind the .

19. Whitetail Addict

Whitetail Addict New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Lathrop
    Im having trouble getting my avatar pic to display Ive downsized it like my buddy battman1 said to and all it keeps saying is unable to move whats going wrong? any body know id appreciate it thanks.