Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a lease for two people in Saline County area if anybody Knows of one available please send me a U2U. Looking for a year lease for bow and gun deer season and through next turkey season. I did find one that was a hundred acres for $1500.00 that looks real good but the farmer is going to put about 20-30 head of cattle on it. What is your thought about that lease?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me in Pike Co Illinois last year and the hunting went to ****.:stickfight:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I really appreciate your opinions. I would really hate to see all the sign that is there now disappear after the cows call it there home. I am wondering what effect it will have on the deer that is using it now.

·
Registered
21,424 Posts
It would be worth a lot less to me if it had cattle on it. Maybe offer him @$500 for the lease if it looks good and you can't find anything better.

·
just a no body
15,625 Posts
I used to hunt 40 acres ..luckily for free that a guy had cattle on..but took them off a couple of weeks before season. The only deer i saw were either stupid or pushed by preasure..I shot alot of young does.

IMO I'd look elsewhere

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
There is no way that I would pay that much for cattle ground to hunt. Those cows will bust you and ruin your hunts over and over again. I'm not saying that you couldn't put up with them if you HAD to, but HAD TO doesn't cost $1500! :eek:

Good luck finding a better peice of ground. :cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Nuttin like a good race BACK to the fence with a mean ole Charlais cow on your tail!!!!!! Especially in the dark...hehehe(been there, done that)

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Nuttin like a good race BACK to the fence with a mean ole Charlais cow on your tail!!!!!! Especially in the dark...hehehe(been there, done that)
:cheers: Been there, done that MANY OF TIMES! That's why I'm so against this idea...... I got caught and cornered by a bull one time, and had to fire a shot. It was not good.

Another time I had to climb a tree.......

Another time I had a steer chewing on the side of my ground blind while the turkeys were 50 yards down a ridge and coming......

Another time I got thumped into a pond by a playful steer that head butted me while I was fishing.....

Another time I ripped my pants and hurt my wrist jumping the gate from a bull while I was frogging.......

Another time a field of bulls rammed the gate trying to get to me (I think it was the vanilla I was covered in).

Another time I had a beta male buffalo clear a gate and come after me!

See a pattern here? I have since found places to hunt, fish and frog where there was no livestock! :eek:

............and that's all of my cow/buffalo outdoors stories in a nut shell. I've got a LOT of them.

And I know a LOT of folks that have been there/done that with cattle patures, and they won't hunt them any more either.

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I'm thinkin whatever shampoo you were usin musta been made from a dead estrus cow...lol!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
I'm thinkin whatever shampoo you were usin musta been made from a dead estrus cow...lol!!!
:bangin: I don't know what to tell you......its just all been bad! Maybe they can remember my big butt from when I cut their brothers when they were small! :eek:

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by treestand hunter
Hey Fireman 3311, do you know of any property in that area that is for lease? looking for something between Marshall and Boonville.
No, tshunter, I sure don't, but I'll keep me ears open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.