Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got $200 and would like to take up bowhunting. I might be very bad at this, so that is why I don't want to spend more than $200. :)

I've seen the following for sale in my price range and was hoping to get some opinions. Or if you know of a better deal, Please let me know.
Help me pick the best one.
Oh, I'm looking for 60-70 lb pull and about 29" draw.
[email protected]

The first I came across was this PSE Nova and Proline.

Proline 29" 70# 70 + shipping and a PSE nova 70# for $80 + shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Out of the two that you have ther I would go fo the Nova. Thats a pretty goo starter bow. What makes you think that you may not be any good at archery? We live pretty close so if there is anything I can do to help ya get started off on the right foot just let me know.

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martin

2002 martin cougar.rh camo 65 lb draw weight
modules to make the bow anywhere from 27.5" all the way to 30.5".
with sight stabilizer wrist sling and quiver for 200 shipped.
need a rest and some arrows

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There is really no sure fire way to reccomend a bow to someone. Basically, there are no bad bows out there, just different types and styles. The only sure fire way to know what bow will fit your needs is to handle and shoot as many of them as you can. Go to several proshops and look at their used bows and hopefully, they can let you shoot them and help you figure out if you want to shoot fingers or release and sights or instinctive. They will be able to figure out your draw length. I would also reccomend keeping your draw weight on the lower end. 60lbs is plenty to kill deer. Too large of a draw weight can often cause shooting error and it just isnt necessary. You can also look at pawn shops but they most likely will not be set up so you can shoot the bow and then when you need work done on the bow, you're gonna have to go to one of the pro shops so I think it is better to buy from them if you can. You might also consider starting out with a long bow or recurve. No bells and whistles to mess you up and there is nothing like learning archery the way it started, with a stick and string.

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by ACES
2002 martin cougar.rh camo 65 lb draw weight
modules to make the bow anywhere from 27.5" all the way to 30.5".
with sight stabilizer wrist sling and quiver for 200 shipped.
need a rest and some arrows
This sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Martin makes a real good bow.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mathews

Mathews 3D Vapor

It is 80% let off,
29" draw,and 60 to 70 lb draw weight
The stabilizer is a Okie and the hunting sight is a PSE with 5 pins.
$185

·
5,632 Posts
Mathews 3D Vapor

It is 80% let off,
29" draw,and 60 to 70 lb draw weight
The stabilizer is a Okie and the hunting sight is a PSE with 5 pins.
$185
This might be priced alittle high.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoyt

'95 Hoyt Superstar Fastflite.

40" ATA
8 1/2" Brace Height
60-70 lbs @29"
Bronze Machined Aluminum Riser
High Grip
Laminated FastFlite Limbs
Command Cams #2
New Strings and Cables with no shots thru them
Hoyt Overdraw available
$185 TYD

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reflex gamegetter

brand new never shot never set up 2005 RH Camo Reflex Gamegetter 27-30" adjustable draw, 650-70lbs $150

·
5,632 Posts
'95 Hoyt Superstar Fastflite.

40" ATA
8 1/2" Brace Height
60-70 lbs @29"
Bronze Machined Aluminum Riser
High Grip
Laminated FastFlite Limbs
Command Cams #2
New Strings and Cables with no shots thru them
Hoyt Overdraw available
$185 TYD
Again, too expensive.

·
5,632 Posts
brand new never shot never set up 2005 RH Camo Reflex Gamegetter 27-30" adjustable draw, 650-70lbs $150
Again, gettin alittle warmer. ;)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
High Country

High Country Max Force,60-70#,29 inch draw,comes with matching 2 piece quiver,sight,stabilizer,peep,kisser,and rest.Bow is in Mossy Oak Break up camo
$225

·
5,632 Posts
High Country Max Force,60-70#,29 inch draw,comes with matching 2 piece quiver,sight,stabilizer,peep,kisser,and rest.Bow is in Mossy Oak Break up camo
$225
Probably too high.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was thinking the Reflex Gamegetter was a pretty good deal, but it didn't come with anything. So really I had to spend quite a bit more to get to the point of the other bows.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DSG, Thanks for the Heads up. I couldn't find any posts by "Pipe" in the for sale section. I'll see if I can find a post by Pipe. If you can, have Pipe u2u me. Thanks.

·
5,632 Posts
You don't have to spend that much.

TruGlo makes a great sight for about $30 or $40

Easton ST Epic arrows will cost you about $40

Cheaper prong style rest will run you $20 (or less if one of guys happens to have an extra laying around...which I think I do. Wouldn't cost you a penny).

You don't need a quiver right away. Buy yourself a cheapy hip quiver or even make yourself one for next to nothing out of a couple golf club tubes that are meant to fit inside your golf bag.

You could start of shooting fingers and it would only cost you the price of a finger tab but a release sure is nice. $20 and up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.