Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked at a few and dont know if a Target/decoy is better than just a Decoy. what do you all think.

i like this one because it packs in itself. Decoy

Plus i have a few BPS gift cards to use so i am limitedt to them.

Tom

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
That looks like a pretty cool packing setup. :D

I think Hoytshooter uses the Carry Lite, and he's had some luck with it......other than that, I dunno. My .02 is they'll all work if you get them to smell like a deer and not your armpit from carrying it. :D

Parker

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Parker is right, I use the carry lite decoy. I've had alot of good luck with it so far. I thought about the delta decoy but decided on the carry lite because I thought it was more realistic and is definately more durable.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoytshooter, you mean this one?

carry lite

i really like it as well, but didnt know for sure if it was worth the extra 50.00.

im not to worried about pit smell, i will load it and my stand on a Game cart and wheel them in.

Hoyt, id really like to know how you used it, doe or buck set up, best way to place it, looking away or towards the tree your in.

i think i remember someone saying, that the Eyes were more realistic on one of these also, maybe its the carry lite.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteTailer
im not to worried about pit smell, i will load it and my stand on a Game cart and wheel them in.
:D

And another question to add to your reply on your experiences Hoyt.....when have you started using a doe, and when have you started using a buck (date wise).

Parker

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
That's the one.

I have only used it during the pre-rut from a ground blind for video taping hunts.
I set it up broadside facing the direction I expected the deer to come. I used it as a buck decoy with the near antler removed so an approaching buck would walk in that direction giving a quartering away shot. I also hung a scent bomb from just under the tail of the decoy. I had several bucks walk right up to it and actually sniff the scent bomb like a dog making friends. The young bucks are a little tentative but still come in, and the older buck that came in last year was walking stiff legged, hair bristled up and ears laid back looking for a fight. He caught a broadhead behind the shoulder. It worked perfect. It comes with a carry bag that it goes into when broken down. I never broke it down once I put it together, nust shoved it half:***: into the hunter orange mesh bag and carried it in. After that I just put it inside the blind overnight if I was hunting the next day. If I were treestand hunting on the land I generally hunt, I would probably lay it down and leave it in the timber overnight if I were hunting the next day.
The eyes on the carry-lite are similar to taxidermy eyes and you get an extra with the decoy.
I'll use it treestand hunting this year, havn't thought much about the setup yet.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Parker....
If I were going to use a doe it would be during the peak of the rut or post rut. When the bucks are gettin' frisky but the does havn't come in to estrus yet I use it as a buck.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you so much. i am really excited in trying this out. i will prolly go with the more expensive one, carry lite.

i never thought of removing an antler, thats great stuff

Tom

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Good call............I have the same one and enjoyed much success last year with it.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just went to bass pro to get it. and they dont carry them here in Columbia!!! what the He!!.

they would get it ordered in, but it wouldnt come in for 2 weeks?!!!

what a Joke, i live 5 miles from it and have to pay shipping? NOT, i will give my money to Cabelas

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you still have to pay shipping if it is sent to the store and you pick it up? I know Cabelas won't charge you shiping if you order it and have it shipped to the store.

I just did that with a ground blind. Called the store and ordered it and they will call me in 4 days to let me know it is in.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by WhiteTailer
i just went to bass pro to get it. and they dont carry them here in Columbia!!! what the He!!.

they would get it ordered in, but it wouldnt come in for 2 weeks?!!!

what a Joke, i live 5 miles from it and have to pay shipping? NOT, i will give my money to Cabelas
i was so dissapointed in BPS, i emailed and complained to them via their website. to my surprise i got a return mail from their corp office as well as the Operations Manager of the Columbia store. i have not had time to go to KC yet, so the op manager said he will order one in. i just got a call from him, he stated that he found one in the St Charles store, and if he couldnt get it shipped here Monday, he would send someone to get it. i am very happy that BPS has taken the time to make this right.

anyways, i thought you all should know. i dont think BPS is bad, its the people that work there. i hope the guy that failed to help me was spoken to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.