Help finding public land in NE MO.

Discussion in 'Goals & Objectives' started by floodrecon, Sep 2, 2014.

1. floodrecon

floodrecon Junior Member

Aug 25, 2013
    St.Charles Mo.
    Need to find a good destination for five good old boys to get away to bow hunt a few days the first week in Oct up in NE MO. Can anybody recommed some areas. Ideally 500 to 1000 acres, remote, low traffic surrounded by agriculture thick with non infected deer. Thats not that tall an order is it? Any help is greatly appreciated.:D

2. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors

3. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    Define "noninfected". Hunting a big buck the first week of October will be a tall order. I'd go up north to a place with lots of draws and bottlenecks and deer drive it..:D

4. floodrecon

floodrecon Junior Member

Aug 25, 2013
    St.Charles Mo.
    What county is Atlanta?

5. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    go the the MDC website and look it up, it will give you all the details

where you coming from?

6. floodrecon

floodrecon Junior Member

Aug 25, 2013
    St.Charles Mo.
    Some of the guys dont want to consider counties with a CWD track record. A big buck may be hard to find but just being in the woods wil make the trip. A doe will be nice, a keeper buck just icing on the cake.

7. floodrecon

floodrecon Junior Member

Aug 25, 2013
    St.Charles Mo.
    Thanks, checking it out right now

8. wannaBelkhuntin

wannaBelkhuntin Member

Dec 17, 2008
    western NY
    Go to the MDC site and look for Conservation areas. You can also find a link to Google Earth on the MDC site that will bring up all of the Conservation areas in Missouri. I use this all the time to scout the Conservation areas from my desk here in NY. It will also have all the regulations for each CA as they are ALL different. Read each carefully

9. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Anybody PM me if you want me to delete this(like if you hunt here)

I use to camp at Deer Ridge Ca in Lewis county when I bow hunted private land near it. Would hardly see another hunter during the week day. I had heard that it would turn bright orange during rifle season as it was unlimited does, but that changed a few years ago, as you have to use your regular tag whether shooting a doe or buck....