Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
American Idol for the outdoors
Scott from Team TEXAS here. I was cruising around the internet last week and came across your forum and thought I'd drop in. Had some trouble trying to register last week, but "cfrazee" came to our rescue on MO Whitetails forum.

We just want to let everyone know that we (Kimberly & Scott) would enjoy responding to questions and will answer as best we can regarding the show. We hope "ya'll have been able to see a little of the show... lots of our friends & family have not seen it either so don't feel left out. Comments and feedback are always interesting to hear.

We are Team TEXAS,
I grew up in Wisconsin and Kimberly grew up in "LA" Lower Alabama (Enterprise). Kimberly's car broke down here in '86 and I came to Texas to work for the YMCA '94. We asked if we could be Team "Tex-Wi-Bama" but the name only stuck (with our immediate friends & family). Kimberly & I are not "native-texans" but our children are!

I wish everyone could have viewed each teams full application video. On episode #1, you only see a very short glimpse, maybe 1-2 minutes of the 15 each team put together. The application process was very intensive, with a 12-15 page written application and the creation of a (maximum) 15 minute video... that was to contain NO COPYRIGHTED MUSIC! Team PA's comments were true.

I can share that all of the teams on DS#3 truely love to hunt. I have read on various forums how people do not approve of hunting being a competetion... Kimberly and I have not really considered this a "hunting competition" at all, but more of a look into the lives of people who hunt. Which ever team ends up getting the prize package will have more than earned it, based on work put into this.

I do not know for certain what the other teams sent in (probably near the same amount or more), but I know Team TEXAS sent in over 100 hours of video footage. We logged in written format, video broken down into second increments and created "storylines" with and around video footage that we filmed. I would say the majority of the video taken is not even taken in real hunting situations, but more in storyline, other activities involved with, and preparation to hunt.

There is not a real good and accurate system to judge this "competition". It is left up to the viewers, friends, family, co-workers, and basically anyone who has access to a computer. Mark and Terry point out items that they like or dislike in the way a team produces their storylines and the way each team films various shots and show what is going on. (If you didn't get it on film, don't mention it with words). Scott Schultz gives his input on how effectively each team utilizes his ScentBlocker products.

Size & number of deer taken have no correlation to number of votes a team receives. The size in Gross score is sometimes listed, but that is mainly to let people at home know what something scored (Kimberly & I don't know or care what the scores of the previous deer on our walls at home are - the experience and beauty is the reason we have them mounted). All teams are only on a near even playing surface when we are on our Group Hunts. Otherwise it is like the real world of hunting, you might have a spot that is better than mine and odds are you are going to shoot a bigger deer. I may have smaller deer, but my story and video footage might be better than yours.

Advertisements? :bangin:
Yes, we are using specific products, but that is how the show gets on TV so you & us (Team TX & family) can watch them from our sofas. We tend to set the VCR or have friends who Tivo or DVR the show and then zip through the commercials. Heck, Kimberly and I do the same thing with shows too, I guess this is a reason that sponsors want the products shown during the show? It makes it harder for us hunters who want to just see hunt, hunt, hunt.

As for the excitement of hunters after they shoot something... :banana:
I could never really understand the emotion different hunters had on shows. I understand it much better now. The sense of relief that comes over you after harvesting an animal is incredible (from my perspective). There are probably places that some shows hunt that they can go out and shoot something relatively quickly, but I am pretty sure Kimberly and I don't know where those places are??? The number of man/woman hours we put forth to make it all come together and make it work with camera over our shoulder is immense.

Again, I hope everyone just enjoys.
There is definitely going to be some drama.
It should be very entertaining.
Kimberly and I hope everyone enjoys what we put on film, it was the best we could do considering all things that are continually going on in our lives.

Enjoy the coming weeks, :pop:
Scott & Kimberly Standiford
Team TEXAS

ps
Please keep Kimberly and our unborn baby in your prayers. We were visiting WI the first week of July for my 20-year class reunion and while packing up to drive back to TX, Kimberly felt odd. Long story short she had some difficulties with our current pregnancy 31 weeks along (we missed episode #2 Kimberly was riding in ambulance to Marshfield, WI hospital, quite ironic considering the storyline of episode #2).

Kimberly was in OBG ICU (48 hours) and we were told she/we have placenta privia... Kimberly is not going anywhere for AWHILE! Due date is Sept 6. They moved Kimberly to a regular room near the nursery and have her on "Dr's ordered" bed-rest and we found out yesterday she is going to be in St. Josephs Hospital in Marshfield, Wisconsin until the baby is arrives. Friends in our bible study gave us a frequent flyer ticket and I came back so I could work, our kids are staying at my parents "Nanny&Pappa". Please pray for them too, been a while since they had kids in their house all the time, could be months?

Kimberly's e-mail
[email protected]
I am sure she will be going stir-crazy soon :banghead:

We both missed the airing of episode #3 last night as well. I went to our Bible study group and Kimberly has no access to the Outdoor Channel in the hospital... I can't believe we worked so hard on this show and have missed the broadcasts of the shows when they came on. We both watched a recording of #2 together and I watched a recording of #3 last night. Kimberly has not viewed episode #3 as of right now, but she is contacting the guys at an archery shop in Marshfield WI to see if someone has it???

I am quite pleased at the way Drury's producers have jammed so much footage into such a small space... I would not know where to begin chopping stuff up so quickly and still have it look representative of the story's we are trying to tell.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:neuspeuter: Did I miss something?

Originally posted by teamtexas
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
American Idol for the outdoors

Scott from Team TEXAS here. I was cruising around the internet last week and came across your forum and thought I'd drop in. Had some trouble trying to register last week, but "cfrazee" came to our rescue on MO Whitetails forum.

We just want to let everyone know that we (Kimberly & Scott) would enjoy responding to questions and will answer as best we can regarding the show. We hope "ya'll have been able to see a little of the show... lots of our friends & family have not seen it either so don't feel left out. Comments and feedback are always interesting to hear.

We are Team TEXAS,
I grew up in Wisconsin and Kimberly grew up in "LA" Lower Alabama (Enterprise). Kimberly's car broke down here in '86 and I came to Texas to work for the YMCA '94. We asked if we could be Team "Tex-Wi-Bama" but the name only stuck (with our immediate friends & family). Kimberly & I are not "native-texans" but our children are!

I wish everyone could have viewed each teams full application video. On episode #1, you only see a very short glimpse, maybe 1-2 minutes of the 15 each team put together. The application process was very intensive, with a 12-15 page written application and the creation of a (maximum) 15 minute video... that was to contain NO COPYRIGHTED MUSIC! Team PA's comments were true.

I can share that all of the teams on DS#3 truely love to hunt. I have read on various forums how people do not approve of hunting being a competetion... Kimberly and I have not really considered this a "hunting competition" at all, but more of a look into the lives of people who hunt. Which ever team ends up getting the prize package will have more than earned it, based on work put into this.

I do not know for certain what the other teams sent in (probably near the same amount or more), but I know Team TEXAS sent in over 100 hours of video footage. We logged in written format, video broken down into second increments and created "storylines" with and around video footage that we filmed. I would say the majority of the video taken is not even taken in real hunting situations, but more in storyline, other activities involved with, and preparation to hunt.

There is not a real good and accurate system to judge this "competition". It is left up to the viewers, friends, family, co-workers, and basically anyone who has access to a computer. Mark and Terry point out items that they like or dislike in the way a team produces their storylines and the way each team films various shots and show what is going on. (If you didn't get it on film, don't mention it with words). Scott Schultz gives his input on how effectively each team utilizes his ScentBlocker products.

Size & number of deer taken have no correlation to number of votes a team receives. The size in Gross score is sometimes listed, but that is mainly to let people at home know what something scored (Kimberly & I don't know or care what the scores of the previous deer on our walls at home are - the experience and beauty is the reason we have them mounted). All teams are only on a near even playing surface when we are on our Group Hunts. Otherwise it is like the real world of hunting, you might have a spot that is better than mine and odds are you are going to shoot a bigger deer. I may have smaller deer, but my story and video footage might be better than yours.

Advertisements? :bangin:
Yes, we are using specific products, but that is how the show gets on TV so you & us (Team TX & family) can watch them from our sofas. We tend to set the VCR or have friends who Tivo or DVR the show and then zip through the commercials. Heck, Kimberly and I do the same thing with shows too, I guess this is a reason that sponsors want the products shown during the show? It makes it harder for us hunters who want to just see hunt, hunt, hunt.

As for the excitement of hunters after they shoot something... :banana:
I could never really understand the emotion different hunters had on shows. I understand it much better now. The sense of relief that comes over you after harvesting an animal is incredible (from my perspective). There are probably places that some shows hunt that they can go out and shoot something relatively quickly, but I am pretty sure Kimberly and I don't know where those places are??? The number of man/woman hours we put forth to make it all come together and make it work with camera over our shoulder is immense.

Again, I hope everyone just enjoys.
There is definitely going to be some drama.
It should be very entertaining.
Kimberly and I hope everyone enjoys what we put on film, it was the best we could do considering all things that are continually going on in our lives.

Enjoy the coming weeks, :pop:
Scott & Kimberly Standiford
Team TEXAS

ps
Please keep Kimberly and our unborn baby in your prayers. We were visiting WI the first week of July for my 20-year class reunion and while packing up to drive back to TX, Kimberly felt odd. Long story short she had some difficulties with our current pregnancy 31 weeks along (we missed episode #2 Kimberly was riding in ambulance to Marshfield, WI hospital, quite ironic considering the storyline of episode #2).

Kimberly was in OBG ICU (48 hours) and we were told she/we have placenta privia... Kimberly is not going anywhere for AWHILE! Due date is Sept 6. They moved Kimberly to a regular room near the nursery and have her on "Dr's ordered" bed-rest and we found out yesterday she is going to be in St. Josephs Hospital in Marshfield, Wisconsin until the baby is arrives. Friends in our bible study gave us a frequent flyer ticket and I came back so I could work, our kids are staying at my parents "Nanny&Pappa". Please pray for them too, been a while since they had kids in their house all the time, could be months?

Kimberly's e-mail
[email protected]
I am sure she will be going stir-crazy soon :banghead:

We both missed the airing of episode #3 last night as well. I went to our Bible study group and Kimberly has no access to the Outdoor Channel in the hospital... I can't believe we worked so hard on this show and have missed the broadcasts of the shows when they came on. We both watched a recording of #2 together and I watched a recording of #3 last night. Kimberly has not viewed episode #3 as of right now, but she is contacting the guys at an archery shop in Marshfield WI to see if someone has it???

I am quite pleased at the way Drury's producers have jammed so much footage into such a small space... I would not know where to begin chopping stuff up so quickly and still have it look representative of the story's we are trying to tell.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Welcome team Texas :wave::wave: Hope things go OK for the wife and new one. I will be looking for episodes on the show. Saw one last night, may have been a rerun, now I'am lousy with names, but one of the hunters put down a wounded muley, when he could have just walked on by and gone for a better one. Liked the ethics:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman :wave:

Oh ~ and feel free to mention MissouriWhitetails.com on the show... :D
Good call chairman !!!
I think MrB would refund their membership enrollment fee if he got a national TV mention !!

:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.