Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Only got 1/4" in NE Callaway county. Might have to get out the sprinkler and give the plot a good soaking this weekend.

·
Under appreciated
92,426 Posts
We got hammered this afternoon, south of Owensville.

·
Registered
70,549 Posts
Wednesday night at my girlfriend's place she got a bit over 1 inch of rain and lost power at her farm west of Otterville but at my place 10 miles south we had 3.25 inches. Guess that was enough to make my turnip and radish seeds at least sprout. Praying for more in a few days to keep them growing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wednesday night at my girlfriend's place she got a bit over 1 inch of rain and lost power at her farm west of Otterville but at my place 10 miles south we had 3.25 inches. Guess that was enough to make my turnip and radish seeds at least sprout. Praying for more in a few days to keep them growing.
I had 4.5 inches that night at my place.

·
Under appreciated
92,426 Posts
Put down a couple plots last thursday afternoon and we proceeded to get a toad strangler later that afternoon, like 2" in about 45 min.

Reactions: letemgrow

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hopefully the 30% rain forecast for tuesday comes true. I'd be happy with a slow inch. I've already lost 2 of the 3 apple trees I planted last fall.
We had a pretty decent shower here on base this morning. Hopefully it will make it's way to Florence. We have a 64% chance there this evening so I got one of my brassica plots in last night after drill in anticipation. Which in turn will mean we definitely won't be getting any rain. lol

·
Triple Creek Hunter
1,092 Posts
Good time to get plots in if you haven't already. Rain forecasted next week and highs in low 80s. My turnip, radish and rape, plots are looking great the forecasted rain and cooler temps will really help

·
Registered
70,549 Posts
For my area next Tuesday forecasts a 60% chance of rain. My half inch high turnip and radish plants can survive two weeks without rain until then. If not I'll have to go with winter wheat this year. Hopefully my white oaks have a good crop of acorns this year.

·
just a no body
15,750 Posts
Next week should help if forecasted rain and cooler temps become reality. My barassicas almost look too thick. That happened couple years ago and didn't get good bulb production on turnips.
yea I just walked my plot yesterday and I may have the same situation altho my plots are small so they wont stand a chance with the grazing pressure. WW is like usual a yearly thing

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
The Monday-Tuesday rain earlier this week resulted in getting 1" of rain in NE Callaway county. Plot is looking pretty good. We'll see how it goes from here. Lol

141 - 160 of 205 Posts