Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
121 - 140 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Got 0.8 total out of all that. 3 plus inches 5 miles in any damn direction. 10 plus inches 40 miles north. Not that I want 10 inches in a day, but sure wish I had got 4 or 5.
Saying above 100 again by midweek. For what's it worth saying August will have record breaking heat in midwest.

·
Triple Creek Hunter
1,092 Posts
Hope you are wrong Beerman showing mid-high 90s late next week. Just don't want highs in triple digits without rain. We got lucky received about 4 plus inches over few days. That at least will hold moisture in soil for awhile.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
We got 4" in NE Callaway county and then it rained a little more after I left yesterday.

Hoping to get out to plant food plots this weekend or sometime next week.

Forgot to mention that I did broadcast some purple top turnip seed in my 1/2 acre sunflower patch.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
We got 4" in NE Callaway county and then it rained a little more after I left yesterday.

Hoping to get out to plant food plots this weekend or sometime next week.

Forgot to mention that I did broadcast some purple top turnip seed in my 1/2 acre sunflower patch.
How did you get 1/2 acre of sunflower without the deer destroying them?
I planted 2 1/2 acres a couple years ago and the deer 🦌 just destroyed them.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
How did you get 1/2 acre of sunflower without the deer destroying them?
I planted 2 1/2 acres a couple years ago and the deer 🦌 just destroyed them.
I used a solar powered electric fence but I'm sure that didn't keep them all out.

Flower Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree

·
5,349 Posts
This thread reminded me of back in 2004 or 2007. We were having a very bad drought. It finally broke with a 6” rain. I woke up to a full rain gauge, rejoiced, and then thought oh no! I better check water gaps! When I went and looked there was and had been zero water running in the ditches and creeks. A friend of mine did the exact same thing. Ran to make sure cows couldn’t get out.
You know it’s dry when a 6” rain never makes it to the ditch.

·
Registered
32,911 Posts
Pouring right now!

·
Triple Creek Hunter
1,092 Posts
Be careful what you wish for! Was hoping to get some rain from last night's storm. Got 4" here in Warsaw guessing about same at my hunting property just SE of Warsaw. I am sure creeks going through my property are flooding.
Not complaining just hope my turnip radish plants don't get flooded

·
Part-time malcontent
8,071 Posts
Raining over most of southern Mo this morning. At our house, we are over an inch now this morning, 3.5 or so since Friday. Hoping this gets things blooming again around here. Despite the drought and dearth, bees looked good when we checked them Monday evening.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Nope, nowhere close. Ended up with about an inch……..which I’m very thankful for. But, as bad as it has gotten, gonna need an inch a week for the next 7-8 weeks to even start busting the drought.

121 - 140 of 205 Posts