Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading to mississippi on the 15th to hunt for 4 days for deer with an outfitter down there! Pretty excited for it. Pops and I take a trip every year somewhere and this is our trip for the year. Weather looks pretty good for the hunting.

[Edited on 12-20-2009 by deerslayer75]

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1509216&tid=105270&author=rogerdean]Good Luck! I will be down there next weekend. You cant beat the price of the non resident tags down there. [/rquote]

lolnope they deff are a good price thats for sure

·
Registered
272 Posts
should be a pretty good spot. Especially if in the delta near there. Large numbers in that area.
A buddy of mine in Vicksburg said they were chasing today as well and they killed 4 bucks 140 plus this week on their club (bout 1hr south of where you are headed)

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1509252&tid=105270&author=bhanks55]should be a pretty good spot. Especially if in the delta near there. Large numbers in that area.
A buddy of mine in Vicksburg said they were chasing today as well and they killed 4 bucks 140 plus this week on their club (bout 1hr south of where you are headed)[/rquote]

yea the outfitter im hunting with has 700acres of soy planted so lots of food should see plenty of deer

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[rquote=1509295&tid=105270&author=BowtechAdm]Slayer....just checked out their website. Looks like a great place, good luck to you and your pops hope you both get a pig[/rquote]

yea i talked to a few guys who had hunted with them in the past said its a really good run place well managed and most of the hunters are repeat which i always like to hear means they have a good reason for coming back

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
bhanks, what part of MS you from? I'm way down south here! Good luck to yoiu and your dad buckslayer!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good luck to you guys traveling to Mississippi. It's interesting to hear that some of you are headed this way. I hunted Missouri for the first time last year and fell in love with it. In fact, I have not even hunted my farm in Mississippi this year but have traveled to Missouri 3 times. I will be heading north again on Friday for the black powder season.

I will begin hunting here in Mississippi after Christmas. Our rut in the southern part of the state usually doesn't start until late December. In fact, my last 3 Mississippi bucks have all been killed between December 26th and January 10th.

I always see more deer when hunting in Mississippi than I see in Missouri. However, I see more bucks and bigger deer in Missouri. Our buck to doe ratio is way out of whack down here. You guys traveling south will certainly get a better deal on the tags than we get when we head north.

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
[rquote=1509412&tid=105270&author=Rebel Yell] Our buck to doe ratio is way out of whack down here. You guys traveling south will certainly get a better deal on the tags than we get when we head north.
[/rquote]

I have some friends that come up from LA and hunt on the neighboring farms around me, they say the same thing. You will see 20 does and maybe one buck!! I guess it's okay since people are allowed to harvest what they want and in their legal rights. :whistle:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck hunting, should be able to find some pretty good ole Southern cookin' also. Didn't realize there were so many from the great state that followed this site. Born and raised in the MS Delta, have lived in Missouri for the last 12 years.

Long drive so be careful..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.