Heading out for the first hunt of year.......

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by blevely, Nov 1, 2010.

1. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Looks like Friday after work and Saturday morning will be my 1st trek to the woods.

Gonna kick it old school the way I used to. Gonna walk into the woods and find sign and hunt it.

The last few years I have spent countless hours scouting and trail camming and preparing only to be set up on or the deer changed patterns. I have had much luck in the past just picking and sticking so that's what I am going to go back to this year.

I think I might be finally getting excited about hunting with the weather cooling off.

:claphands::claphands::claphands:

2. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Glad to see ya got some interest in hunting again Brett. Good luck bud.:wave:

3. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Always had interest PW, just lacking motivation this year.

I was too lazy to drive up to your place last year, that danged ol' lazy bug has a hold on me.:D

4. seth_turner_04

seth_turner_04 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Owensville, MO
    Good luck. Should be a great time to be getting in the woods. Are you still hunting Reform mostly? I've not been there in a couple yeards due to all the dang pressure.

5. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Might hit up Reform a few times this year, I only live about 4 miles from there now so it will be nice for after work hunts for a little bit.

But there sure are a lot of folks hunting that place.

6. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1874134&tid=130540&author=blevely]Always had interest PW, just lacking motivation this year.

I was too lazy to drive up to your place last year, that danged ol' lazy bug has a hold on me.:D[/rquote]

You're still welcome up here man. Just say the word when ya wanna come & I'll put ya in a stand. You've got sweat equity still invested.:cheers:

7. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
  8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Best of luck Blev. :cheers: