Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this is a WHITETAIL forum, but we just don't have that kind of stuff anywhere close to where I live. Headed up tomorrow morning for a little fun with the muelys ala muzzleloader style. Hope to have a good one on the ground and some pics to follow.

BTW, it's 42 degrees outside and raining; possibility of a little snow higher up. This should keep the animals moving and make the bulls pretty vocal. Good luck to everyone in whitetail land.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
good luck to ya & bring back some more pics:wave:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
get a good one and have fun:eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went up this morning and busted my keester chasing and stalking the big boys. Closed the distance on the group I had scouted earlier and had them within 127 yds via the rangefinder. Just when things were going good, they went south in a hurry. Someone in an atv decided to come blazing down the road above me and the bucks and pretty much ruined it after that.
Instead of spooking the bucks anymore and pushing them out of the area, I just backed out and will give it another shot tomorrow. Saw a cinnamon phase black bear on the way out which was cool. Tired as all get out but will give it a go tomorrow. Hopefully some decent pics.........

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
hey at least you were hunting and having fun.don't yah love fourwheelers.one question though did yah hear elk bugling?????????????:cheers:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
WE NEED PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you get a big one wish it was my year to be going to CO but its the off rotation for me

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw only 2 dinky forkhorns............but everywhere we looked, we saw elk. Everywhere we looked deer was holding elk. No real big bulls, but still some respectable animlas.

HFFF....It's tough trying to dig a camera out of your pack when you have a muzzleloader in your hands and waiting for that "shooter" to come rambling your way. Going at it on Tuesday afternoon. I'm temporarily worn out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.