Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed for IA on Friday morning. I have been waiting for next week ALL year long!! I just got off the phone with my uncle and they seen some BIG ones during 1st season. They seen one that had 18 points (gun jammed on the little guy that seen him at 20 yards). Don't feel too sorry for him though, he shot one that is 160" +. They also seen one that they say appears bigger than the 235" buck they shot 2 years ago. To say that I am pumped is an understatement.:banana-man-yeah::banana-man-yeah::banana-man-yeah:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Hope ya smoke a DANDY!:claphands:

Bth:cheers:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
now that would be worth getting excited about

·
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1502096&tid=104816&author=Whitmore44]Best of luck! Keep me posted on what's going on.[/rquote]

I will text ya along with some of the other MWT members some pics if anyone in the group gets a good one. We should have a pretty good year. Best one last year was a 185". We almost always get a couple over 165". It's been a couple years since we got one over 190". So we are due:D:praying:

·
Under appreciated
90,288 Posts
Derek.. .keep me in the text loop will ya?

Much luck brutha. :cheers:

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Good luck to ya brotha.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,970 Posts
Are we going to get a "Live from IA" posting with pics?

·
Registered
12,732 Posts
Man that's unreal! Where I hunt at in Iowa we usually see 40-50 deer each day and some nice bucks up to probalby 140", but never any toads like that. They did get a nontypical nearby that went over 200" a few years ago. The governors son poached it and got off with a slap on the hand. :mad2:

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
Got room in the truck for one more Derek?
I've got vacation time left too.... :wave::praying:
Best of luck man, hope you have a turn of fortune from the season(s) you've had here in MO.:cheers:

·
8,846 Posts
Good luck and drive safe.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
can I come.....:wave:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.