Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
that must of been one fast mussle to cacth up with that spinner didn't know they could move that fast ;)

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
that must of been one fast mussle to cacth up with that spinner didn't know they could move that fast ;)
We didn't either. Michael thought he was hung up on a log or something. He worked on it for several minutes with no luck. I went over and tried also to save the spinner, finally we decided just salvage the line and pull until it broke. Something let go and he thought he had a limb or branch still on after it let go. We were both very surprised when the mussel was pulled up.:eek:

That mussle wouldn't let go of that spinner. I didn't have a shucking knife to open him up. So we waited 45 min until he opened up and retrieved that spinner. He was safely returned to the lake.:)

Cfrazee and Mailman, it definitely was a good time, especially when a 16 YO wants to spend time with Dad!:eek:

·
Registered
70,359 Posts
Don't worry WM....later on they will come around. Just the other day my daughter (she's 29) called me just to see if I wanted to do lunch. I enjoyed the time with her and the grand daughter but didn't know I'd be stuck with the bill but I didn't mind a bit.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DSG, we are also looking forward to it. The shad were all over the surface, the bass were hitting them pretty hard and the muskies were after the small bass. Pretty entertaining for a hot humid late July day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.