Hayzer's MWT campout UPDATED 4/9/06

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Hayzer, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Hayzer\'s MWT campout UPDATED 4/9/06

April 28, 29 & 30, 2006

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/conmag/1998/05/20.htm <-----Indian Creek Lake

Those of you who will be attending this campout will have to send me a U2U in order for me to send you directions. Thank You

Wives, husbands and children welcome. Just know that there will be alcohol.

We'll be neighboring about 6,000 acres of public ground for your morning turkey hunting and afternoon mushroom hunting desires. If you get up here early enough Friday we can go over the maps together and maybe even get you out there to put some birds to roost if ya like.

I've got just one small deer target, but if others want to bring their targets we could set up a 3-D course.

I am trying to get a local funeral home to put up a large "dinning fly" type canvas for us. We could use that, along with your lawn chairs as a mess hall/gathering place. Those of you that have lightweight picnic tables feel free to bring them. I will have 2-3.

There are primitive bathrooms on the Conservation Area to dispose of your solid waste (you'll be 3 minutes from them), otherwise feel free to water my timber.

I WILL NOT BE supplying beer but bringing your own will be perfectly acceptable.Just be respectful of the youth in attendance.Thank You

Bring a tent, sleeping bag or whatever it is that you use when camping. No electric hookups yet.

Cooking arrangements for Saturday Night
    Turkey Breast Hopefully some of the successful hunters will allow us to cook some turkey breast for the gang.
    If someone would like to volunteer to bring the mixin's & oil to cook the breast please do so in this thread and I will update here.

Fish I think that DSG is going to bring some Crappie, but we need more.
    Please sign up to bring Crappie, Kurt and myself will have the mixin's to fix 'ems.

Vegetables I'm thinking potatoes and onions is a failry good staple.
    If a couple of people wanna get together and bring potatoes & onions volunteer here. We'll get poundage later

Mushrooms & Asparagus We SHOULD be finding some shrooms by then and I'll have some asparagus for us all.
    If you have extras shrooms before heading up, bring them if you can

Breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning's
    If Biscuits & Gravy sound good I'll have our local Hy-Vee hook us up. They'll do it for cost for me

If you volunteer to bring something post it clearly and I will repost into this thread. If you've got other suggestions type away.

I'll need a headcount by April 21, for food mainly and I will copy and paste atendees on this post. This will be a FREE campout for all. However, with the added cost of beer, food, tent and whatever else I'm fronting, I will have a tip jar set up. I do not expect you to pay, but if you do I appreciate it. What I do expect is respect for the land and others.
    I would like to make this an annual event. In fact if I can get 50 + people to committ to this year, I will get T-shirts made and sell them for cost. So join in on the fun. If you can't make it for both nights, stop in for just one, or cruise on up for the day.

Hayzer & Wife
    Jack Jr. AND Guest
    has agreed to bring shrimps (frimps) for Friday night, and an extra cooker
    Rebelcj7 & MrsRebel
    90 Acres & son
    1arrowdaly + a few
    Parker <----fitting for a guy who makes laminated strikers...
    rathas respectfuly declined our invitation
    Big Time Hunter + 3has respectfuly declined our invitation
    T - Bone + father-in-law
    Bodine [size=-2]I think[/size]

For those of you that already have the directions this is where you turn east OFF of U blacktop at the sign.
  2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Hayzer, I'm working on a deal right now and if all goes according to plans I will be there with a mystery guest.;)

3. hardhuntr

hardhuntr New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Oak Grove
    I'm in.

I can bring another cooker/propane bottle/oil if needed.

I will bring frimps stuffed with horseradish wrapped in bacon if that's what the masses want.

Order that 2nd keg. :cheers:
  4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Okay what is Frimps??:eek:

5. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I will be in attendance!
  6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I'll be there, I just don't know if it will be over-night.

Kind of depends on if I'm drawn for the Smithville Turkey Hunt, too.

So, pencil me in at least ~ I'm a definite-maybe... :D
  7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Hayza man... count me and the mrs in.. I / we can bring whatever is needed...

and im with ya jack.. what the heck is a frimp?
  8. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Frimps? That's top secret! Attend and you will find out. But I can assure you will like them! :cheers:
  9. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    You never know, with this bunch.

But I can tell you this ~ if it's what we had at DSG's April '04 fish fry, it's REAL good!!!

Dang, Kurt ~ I just realized...it's been awhile, eh?!
  10. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Man this is sounding like quite the event! I will definately plan on coming up on saturday and staying that night. If all works out I would try to come up for both nights.
  11. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

There we go...
    You're right Hoytshooter, this will be quite the event to attend!
  12. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Count me in and possibly a guest. (Wife, Dad, a buddy, not sure who is riding shotgun yet.)
  13. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    If the Turks cooperate I hope we can get up there !
  14. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    One of us is sure to show up! Not sure which can make it. :cheers:

DSG and Kurt
  15. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    Sounds like a blast, but can't make it. Will be doing pretty much the same thing you all will be, with the exception of throwing in a river float or two. Maybe next time. :wink4:
  16. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Me and the boy will try to make it up there, at least one of the two nights. How big is the lake? Boat ramp? What kind of fish? 4 wheeler?
  17. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Hey Hayz,

Did I see someone mention a lake up there to fish on?? What fits better? A 12 ft jon boat or a 18.5 Skeeter?? Let me know!
  18. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    CP i dun got ne knowledge either bro, but it'll still be a good time.. heck, we can tag team them suckers up there if ya go :cheers:
  19. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Sounds good man :cheers:
  20. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Here's a link to an MDC article about the lake

I can't believe that some of the members haven't signed up for this campout yet. I know we'll have a bunch, just gots to wait I guess.