Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,662 Posts
You cannot criticize or hate on anyone here unless you're an OG! That's the rules. Only certain people can be a Richard on this site Grundy! Figure it out quickly or you won't fit in the group. There are unwritten rules and a hierarchy here don't you know? Don't expect someone hating on each other is a path for you to join in. They will belittle you quickly and let you know how horrible of a person you are. Don't ever call anyone out unless you personally know them and have killed a turkey with em.

So, you're upset that we didn't all jump on the bandwagon running hawk down?

I didn't belittle Grundy about his post, I asked him if he had formed his opinion just based on Jeff's postings here. My defense was to educate Grundy that Jeff isn't all mouth, but that he's a very accomplished hunter. He's very passionate about the outdoors. He just doesn't consider other peoples point of view or admit that he doesn't know everything when he's proven wrong.

Most of us who know Jeff personally, will feel free to tell him he's an idiot to his face, not just from behind the keyboard.

·
1,184 Posts
So, you're upset that we didn't all jump on the bandwagon running hawk down?

I didn't belittle Grundy about his post, I asked him if he had formed his opinion just based on Jeff's postings here. My defense was to educate Grundy that Jeff isn't all mouth, but that he's a very accomplished hunter. He's very passionate about the outdoors. He just doesn't consider other peoples point of view or admit that he doesn't know everything when he's proven wrong.

Most of us who know Jeff personally, will feel free to tell him he's an idiot to his face, not just from behind the keyboard.
Not upset at all sweet cheeks. This forum is a circle jerk of opinions all the time. A lot of it negative. Just joining in on the fun. I like to be woke every once and a while and let people know just how bad they are while feeling completely innocent in the matter.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,662 Posts
Not upset at all sweet cheeks. This forum is a circle jerk of opinions all the time. A lot of it negative. Just joining in on the fun. I like to be woke every once and a while and let people know just how bad they are while feeling completely innocent in the matter.

Sorry you're feeling so neglected nancy. :)

What you fail to understand, is how many of the so called OGs around here, actually know each other personally. Best way to become an OG around here, is to actually get to know others around here. Not as easy as it once was, because there's not as many events as there once was, but once the world gets back to normal,I'm sure there will be opportunities through MDS events to meet others.

·
1,184 Posts
Sorry you're feeling so neglected nancy. :)

What you fail to understand, is how many of the so called OGs around here, actually know each other personally. Best way to become an OG around here, is to actually get to know others around here. Not as easy as it once was, because there's not as many events as there once was, but once the world gets back to normal,I'm sure there will be opportunities through MDS events to meet others.
The name is Karen, not Nancy! I'm sure you guys are all are a joy to hang out with. I bet the turkey banter is even better in person.

The thing is, this is not like old times. The original owner does not own this site as he has passed like you know. It is owned by out of state companies that could care less in all reality as long as it makes a profit. There is no focus here besides the outdoors. MDS is a great organization and its great to have around but MDS has no affiliation with MWT anymore besides the members who support it. The people who get on this site have to deal with the people who remember the old times. Too bad it ain't like it was because over the years, the site has degrated. People use to be held accountable and had a certain level of respect for each other. I have seen some pretty nasty things come from many old time members recently. But you know, it's just the new guys who a Richard's.

Reactions: pinwheel

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,662 Posts
The name is Karen, not Nancy! I'm sure you guys are all are a joy to hang out with. I bet the turkey banter is even better in person.

The thing is, this is not like old times. The original owner does not own this site as he has passed like you know. It is owned by out of state companies that could care less in all reality as long as it makes a profit. There is no focus here besides the outdoors. MDS is a great organization and its great to have around but MDS has no affiliation with MWT anymore besides the members who support it. The people who get on this site have to deal with the people who remember the old times. Too bad it ain't like it was because over the years, the site has degrated. People use to be held accountable and had a certain level of respect for each other. I have seen some pretty nasty things come from many old time members recently. But you know, it's just the new guys who a Richard's.

Only thing I can find there to argue with, is the last sentence. Plenty of us OG's can be plenty abrasive, it's not just reserved for you new guys.

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
I think the point that most of the people on here defending Hawk are trying to make is...We all agree that he is as annoying as #%€¥ on a lot of these threads, but he has killed a lot of sh!t. With that said, I could have strangled him yesterday for not pulling the trigger on a couple of WI birds I worked for him!!!
Uh..... yeah... that was pretty brutal...

·
Registered
21,657 Posts

Justin, I guess I missed that negative stuff or even why or what it was over. I know you don’t, but I wouldn’t worry about it. Good luck this Fall!

·
Under appreciated
87,496 Posts
Well, of course we are a joy to hang out with. Not even a question.

I can tell you that the first time I met hawk I felt like I had known him for a long time... and I assure you there wasnt anything argumentative about it, with anyone.
When he starts talking about waterfowling, I can tell you I am ALL ears.
He knows what he is doing in the outdoors man.

He may not know the difference between me and Grundy but he is a good guy lol

I think a lot of guys here do not realize that this back and forth is mostly civil even though it doesnt feel like it at times. He can call me all the names in the world and me him, but I sure consider him a friend. Cant speak for him though.

Now, if he would just get his head out of his a s s on turkeys and quit bothering every biologist in the nation, we’d all be better off. (y):D

Reactions: 20'

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,689 Posts
Hawk is not a good guy. He has literally said on here that he prays for me to be dead in a truck crash. He is the biggest loser to ever visit this site.

20210124_155906.jpg

Reactions: mattys281

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,795 Posts
Hawk is an internet BOT, he doesn't even exist in the real world..... :D

Reactions: rat
41 - 51 of 51 Posts