havn't seen a legal buck yet

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by chuck88, Nov 7, 2010.

1. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    I've been hunting pretty hard this year, killed 3 slick heads. seen lots of illegal bucks, heck 2 weeks ago I had 3 bucks pass within 15 yards of me, the biggest being a 5 ptr. last night I had 2 spikes sniff the ladder of my stand (I spit on them and they never figured it out :rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: ) I'd say I've seen about 8 illegal bucks over 15 times. if it wasn't for trail camera's I think I'd go insane, :eek::eek: . I keep getting pictures of these 2 bucks, and have some odd ball pictures of a couple other legal deer. now if they'd just come out in light.
    [file]146520[/file]
    [file]146522[/file]

2. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    them are the best pics I've got of them, but have pics of both of them coming through this week also, one monday night and one thursday night.

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Find the thickest stuff you can hunt & get in there chuck. It's happening now. Jenny had 2 bucks come in on her last night.

4. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I have only seen one buck but he was WAY out of range for a bow shot.

5. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    maybe just more stand time is what I need :eek: , I respect the heck out of ya'll that can hunt all day, its just not me. I told myself I was gonna sit till 10 am this morning and I was back at the house at 8 :rof2::rof2: . I think I'll take my curs out squirrel hunting for a while now (to a spot on MTNF thats open for wood cutting so I won't screw up anyone else's hunting )
    can't tell if he has eyeguards or not but he was 2 seconds behind a doe if my camera wasn't setup for taking 3 pics at a time I wouldn't have pics of him. the camera is set up 40 yards from my stand and this deer was coming from it.
    [file]146550[/file]