Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with my shotgun. It's a mossburg but im not sure what model. Anyway, my shotgun had 1 red bead site. It is shooting about 1 1/2 ft low. my question is, how do i fix it?

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
Due to optical effects, you might need a smaller bead, which will make you shoot higher. If it's an aftermarket oversized bead, that is more than likely the problem. It's EXACTLY the same situation as on a pistol with too high a front sight, or one with the rear sight too low (or adjusted that way). It is more marked at longer distances, but that's seldom a problem at shotgun ranges. It should be a simple fix, unless it's shooting off to the side somewhat, then you have other problems! It's one of the reasons I don't like these new fiber optic sights on so many guns, nowadays, the stocks aren't changed to reflect it, and a lot of misses result.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
If you are testing a pattern for Turkeys you might consider a clamp-on fibre-optic sight system . Tru-Glo and others make them. It includes a rear rifle style sight. All I have seen are for ribbed barrels. You may not be able to do it on a plain barrel.

Clam it on then go the the range and dial it in.

If you can find the right mounting system for your gun, a red dot or low power scope works well for turkeys or for deer hunting with slugs.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.