Haven't had it a week, & she's already tore it up. (progress update, 2/9)

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by pinwheel, Jun 5, 2009.

1. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    I keep tellin you fellers, she's mean.

[file]59754[/file] [file]59756[/file]

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by pinwheel]

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Should have organized a MWT demolition crew.

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1287941&tid=90074&author=venatic]Should have organized a MWT demolition crew.[/rquote]

I gotta sledge hammer....:D

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    what happened? sugar glider get loose and she went looking for it:D

5. TATER

TATER Well-Known Member

[rquote=1287951&tid=90074&author=coyotehunter]what happened? sugar glider get loose and she went looking for it:D[/rquote]

Now THAT is funnY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rof2:

6. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    sugar glider today spider monkey tomorrow:peepwall:

7. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    I'd learn to stay on her good side if I were you.

8. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Man you are a maniac. :eek::

9. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1287941&tid=90074&author=venatic]Should have organized a MWT demolition crew.[/rquote]

That was less than 2 hours to get it to that point. But if anyone wants something to do Sunday, I'm sure we'll be working on it. Gotta rip out all the drywall in living room. Durn panel glue. Gonna be taking down siding & roughing in for new windows & door.

[rquote=1287951&tid=90074&author=coyotehunter]what happened? sugar glider get loose and she went looking for it:D[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2:

10. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Dangit, she got a pic of me actually working. There goes my reputation.

[file]59774[/file]

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    did ya consider building a new house.......thats a bunch of work right there Pin..........:claphands:

12. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    atleast the flower Plant is still hanging from the ceiling:shrug:

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
  14. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1287936&tid=90074&author=pinwheel]I keep tellin you fellers, she's mean.
    [/rquote]

Looks more like "She means business!" :rock:

15. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Been making some real progress. At least going the right direction, we're no longer just destroying, but starting to put things back together as well.

We did not like the windows at all, so out they came. Did not want a door splitting the new cabinets, so out it came.

[file]60712[/file]

New windows are in. We had doors on each end of the house, took one completely out & moved the other to the front.

[file]60714[/file]

Unfortunately, it was getting late in the day when I was cutting the new brick mold for around the front door & I cut the header an inch short, so I couldn't finish the siding till I get the new piece installed.

[file]60716[/file]

The old floor plan had the kitchen sink looking at a wall, rather than at our pond. That dog don't hunt, so we rearranged the floor plan to have the sink on this exterior wall. Nice new window to look out of & no more door. I've got the new piece of brick mold, so hopefully, this evening, I can get back out there & finish up the siding & patch this end back in. I put new siding on the front, & saved the old siding from the front to patch the 2 ends of the house.

[file]60718[/file]

Things are shaping up inside as well. Built the new wall between the kitchen/dining room & the living room. Years ago, I salvaged these french doors from an old farm house. They're in excellent shape, just need refinished. Rather than hinging them, we slid them into the wall when open. We're planning to use several more reclaimed doors. A couple are pretty fancy with etched & stained glass in them. I'll try to get some pics to post in the near future.

[file]60720[/file]

We've made some real progress on the kitchen cabinets as well, but unfortunately, don't have any pictures yet. All the carcasses that don't require raised panels are assembled & ready to go to the finishing shop. My shaper cutters were at the sharpener. Got them back now, so I'm going to spend the day in the shop working on cabinets. I'll try to get some pics of the prgress we're making there as well.

16. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

[rquote=1288014&tid=90074&author=Joeyman]atleast the flower Plant is still hanging from the ceiling:shrug:[/rquote]

I noticed that, too. Gotta have a little oxygen while you work!
    Lookin' good!:cheers:

17. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Randy You doing all of that work yourself?

If so you are really moveing on. Looks good I am happy for you and the wife.

:cheers:

18. lma

lma Active Member

[rquote=1287994&tid=90074&author=pinwheel]Dangit, she got a pic of me actually working. There goes my reputation.

[/rquote]
    :whistle:

19. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    Dang,,,that's alot of work, but looks good so far!!!

20. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    I like the double french doors ya'll got there! You gonna keep those I'd assume?

Looking good! Congrats again. :cheers::cheers: