Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turkeys make a coyote run off?

While turkey hunting this morning, a decent flock was in the field about 100 yards from my set up. (and no, they wouldn't respond to calling:mad2: )

There were 4 toms and about 10 hens. A coyote came out of the woods and started heading to the turkeys. The hens started putting and running away. The toms turned to the coyote and kind of puffed up at him. Not a strut, but more of a half strut. The coyote turned tail and headed back in the woods. It looked to be a young coyote, wasn't very big.

I have never seen anything like that before. Was neat to watch. I just wish I had had my camera out.

Didn't get a turkey though...............

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I wouldnt want to tangle with 4 committed toms, 1.5" spurs each either!!

Yotes want easy meals I'm thinkin...

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those toms were fired up anyway. They had been fighting each other for a few minutes when the yote showed up.

Would have been neat to see the yote get his butt kicked.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
never seen that, i have seen a bunch of turkeys standing having a stare off with a bobcat though. funny how when they see me they head for the heals and when that bobcat was about 10 foot away they seemed curious about it. finally the bobcat just turned and walked away.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I can't decide if I'm more jealous that I've never seen anything like that or the fact that you are still Turkey hunting and I'm not !

:whinging:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Originally posted by hunter7x
I can't decide if I'm move jealous that I've never seen anything like that or the fact that you are still Turkey hunting and I'm not !

EXACTLY! :)
and DITTO

Good Luck in bagging another bird.

And enjoy this heat in that blind :)

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Originally posted by hunter7x
I can't decide if I'm move jealous that I've never seen anything like that or the fact that you are still Turkey hunting and I'm not !

EXACTLY! :)
and DITTO

Good Luck in bagging another bird.

And enjoy this heat in that blind :)
Season ends on the 31st. Seeing birds but not having any luck in convincing them to come in close.

The blind stays in the truck after the morning hunt. Too dang hot for that.:cheers:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
That had to be a awesome sight. Nature is awesome :cheers:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
BigJake, had this happen to me two years ago. Had four jakes chase off a young yote. They went into half strut just like your birds and went right for him. The Yote hit the road quick. Those Jakes thought they were some Bad:***:'s....:hysterical:

Jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.