Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Startin to get a little up here this week. :wave:
I'd say ya might pick up a few birds down in mo the next few days.
Big bunch of swans headin for the CB crew. :rof2:

·
blu bogart
22,561 Posts
[rquote=1498303&tid=104557&author=DWD]
Big bunch of swans headin for the CB crew. :rof2: [/rquote]

Yea sure,pick on us urban hunters while you enjoy the great white north:rof2:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,493 Posts
:boohoo: Good thing I loaded up my duck gear and drove to my spot this morning! It was a nice morning drive there.....and right back after I found my water to be a little on the STIFF side. :D

Parker

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
[rquote=1498396&tid=104557&author=Parker]:boohoo: Good thing I loaded up my duck gear and drove to my spot this morning! It was a nice morning drive there.....and right back after I found my water to be a little on the STIFF side. :D

Parker[/rquote]
:confused::shrug: Ya big sissy! Break you out a hole and hunt! j/k ! :wave:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,493 Posts
:D There weren't any ducks around last week when the water was soft, and I didn't see any when I was deer hunting the other day, so I'm guessing it wouldn't have been worth my time. :D

The charts show the river keeps going down, and I would think with everything freezing, that would help it go down quicker. Maybe we can be on the river by next week? :confused:

Parker

·
just one of the idiots talking on MWT, right Red?
8,964 Posts
i was kicking a thin layer of ice on top of shallow (6") water at 4R on Thanksgiving morning
hopefully Old Man Winter brought us some ducks with all of this frigid air

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[rquote=1498312&tid=104557&author=shawncat][rquote=1498303&tid=104557&author=DWD]

Yea sure,pick on us urban hunters while you enjoy the great white north:rof2:[/rquote]
I haven't had time to get out up here, just drive by the lagoons ever now and then and rattle the cheeto bag fer a quick fix. Had setup in the cement pond before it froze but I think the chain link fence spooks em, that and my layout blind don't blend in with the deck too good. :shrug: :rof2: :rof2:

·
blu bogart
22,561 Posts
[rquote=1499599&tid=104557&author=DWD][rquote=1498312&tid=104557&author=shawncat][rquote=1498303&tid=104557&author=DWD]

Yea sure,pick on us urban hunters while you enjoy the great white north:rof2:[/rquote]
I haven't had time to get out up here, just drive by the lagoons ever now and then and rattle the cheeto bag fer a quick fix. Had setup in the cement pond before it froze but I think the chain link fence spooks em, that and my layout blind don't blend in with the deck too good. :shrug: :rof2: :rof2:[/rquote]

Cement pond:hysterical:Now thats funny....Jethro.
What are you crabbin about.....sounda like a typical spot to an east side urban hunter like me.:shrug: actually sounds like the turd pond country of Cold Duck and company:rof2:.......you sure your up north?.......turn that map around.:hysterical::peepwall::superman:

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by shawncat]

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thinking: I'm afraid Miss J would have a kiniptionfit if I took the chainsaw to the cement pond. :hysterical:
Shawn I'll have you know I slaved all summer as cabana boy
just to get an oppertunity to hunt this little hidy hole in the middle of town. :innocent: :D

:smiley:
It's done froze up now cept on the rivers up here. I'm thinkin next week I may get a little hunt in somewheres in N Mo :2thumbsup:

[Edited on 12-6-2009 by DWD]

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I could just get em to work a little better it'd be heaven. :mad2:
Mebbe if I line the sides with foofoo drinks and cheetos I'll have more luck? :confused:
Give me some secret tips oh master of the urban waterfowlin :bowing: :D

·
Registered
21,295 Posts
Sure seemed to change the ducky behavior. Good spot one day and nothing shaking two days and hard water later. :wave:

·
blu bogart
22,561 Posts
[rquote=1500363&tid=104557&author=DWD]If I could just get em to work a little better it'd be heaven. :mad2:
Mebbe if I line the sides with foofoo drinks and cheetos I'll have more luck? :confused:
Give me some secret tips oh master of the urban waterfowlin :bowing: :D[/rquote]

Dances with Deer,it's no secret,i just buddy up with MWT duckers like,Rusty,Pat,Kurt,Joe,John.......:peepwall:.......and follow.:whistle:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,175 Posts
[rquote=1500473&tid=104557&author=shawncat][rquote=1500363&tid=104557&author=DWD]If I could just get em to work a little better it'd be heaven. :mad2:
Give me some secret tips oh master of the urban waterfowlin :bowing: :D[/rquote]

Dances with Deer,it's no secret,i just buddy up with MWT duckers like,Rusty,Pat,Kurt,Joe,John.......:peepwall:.......and follow.:whistle:[/rquote]

Welll....... I am trying to figure out what to do for ML season.... :thinking: :peepwall:

·
blu bogart
22,561 Posts
I can tell you what NOT to do.Dont take your nikon off your 30-30 that you had installed upside down so the windage cap wouldnt interfear with the winchester top eject.........and put it on you ML the same way........and try to sight it in and wonder why every time you click your adjustmants up the shots string left and every time you adjust right your shots go up:stickfight: only to go home and tear it down to the bases..........and have a EUREKA moment figuring out what just took place and you just shot 10 bucks up and wasted half your afternoon.:whiteflag:shooting and reinstalling your scope.:mad2:.......well I know the screws are tight now......dont know if them suckers will ever come out.:rof2::rof2::rof2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.